New and lost!!

wantzbump

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to the forum so please bare with me i dont know the acronyms at all!

Ive been diagnosed with pcos and recently started clomid. my hubby and i are tryin to concieve and after my second round of clomid ive purchased a ovu kit! Had sex 2 days before detecting lh surge, then on the day of detecting and then the day after! right feeling some cramps and can tell for sure somethings happening in there! Could i have hit it or did i pass the big o!? also how soon should i test for being preggers!? :shrug:

Please advise!?

I heard that you should be able to get an accurate result at 12 DPO. Some women are lucky enough to get one sooner but i would wait til 12 dpo (days past ovulation) Good luck hun and i hope this is your month.

I tested positive at 8DPO, but, it depends on when you implant. So if you are OK testing and knowing that you may get a negative I say go for it from 8DPO on. It takes a it for the egg to travel, then after implantation it takes about 2 days for the HCG levels to be high enough to read!

It's possible! I think the general thought is that you O within 24-48 hours of a positive for your LH surge. It's recommended that you have sex the day you detect it, and one or two days after just to be sure you're covered. What day did you detect your surge?

Try not to symptom spot too much, it'll drive you crazy! :haha: I notice that I get a lot of "pregnancy" symptoms right before I start my period... it's from the major hormonal change... and I drove myself nuts every month! :wacko: As one of the previous posters said... 12 days past ovulation is usually a good time to test, but the best time is when your period is overdue - even though waiting that long sucks! :dohh:

Here's a link to the abbreviations and lingo list! Hope this helps!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

gosh u guys r so helpful! i couldnt test on aug 15 so did the deed in case, got a negative on the 16. finally got a positive on the 17.. did the deed and then again on the 18. my husbands gonna murder me cuz im always draining him out. he says his gas station is empty!! is it necessary to do the deed on the 19th!?

I probably would... but if your husband is over it, it's between you and him! Tell him he needs to drink lots of water! :haha:

I would too but so not necessary if you have good swimmers. We did the deed 4 days before ovulation and then 3 days before and were blessed with our little boy.

Be carefull with OPKs if you are diagnosed with PCOS, because they tend to be positive for longer period of time, and it can mislead you sometimes. FX hun!

anything tested before 10DPO is a waste most of the time, you should really wait until your due to get the best possibility of an accurate answer

good luck

These are what I use to "feed my addiction" to peeing on a stick! lol They are very sensitive, picked up I was pregnant at 8 DPO. https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregn...7028661&sr=8-1&keywords=pregnancy+test+wondfo

hi all!

so today i noticed my temperature has been a lil high all day! hoping its good news!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->