new arrival Ethan Lucas entering 1/4/2010

broodylocket

Reaction score
so, i got induced on the 31st march 2010 in the end as i had high blood pressure and a suspected placental clot/abruption.

so, got given a prostin at 11am...they examined me at 5pm and nothing was happening so gave me another one at 7pm, started having contractions from 9pm and throughout the night having strongt contractions, midwife was saying it was only fake contractions ....:nope: how wrong she was. in the morning around 8am the midwifes found me on the floor clutching my tummy. at some point i had 3 doctors, 2 consultants, 2 midwifes and a registrar in the room at the same time. the doctor touched my stomach and said shes definatly in labour!!!
i asked them to help me up as i couldnt manage on my own and got to be monitored to make sure baby was alright.

my waters broke at 9.25am!!!!!!!!!! omg what a gush, glad it werent in asda or else where:haha:

i got checked and was 4cm dilated, didnt have gas and air...then a few hours later about 11am i was 8cm dilated and asked for the epidural but they wouldnt give it to me at first so i was on gas and air.

was told the anesatist wouldnt give epidural as i was advanced labour but my doctor pursuaded him to give me it as i wanted to push so bad!!!

i had a lead attached to his head to monitor his heartbeat as i couldnt stay still and his heartbeat kept dipping.
i had the epidural
and wow made my contractions alot easier, this was at 4pm.

as the time came when i was dilated at 5.30 i couldnt push...as i couldnt feel my legs or my contractions.
they said they would have to deliver assisted or c section. so went for assisted, forceps.

so they wheeled me into theatre and got me strapped up making sure the epidural worked they sprayed me with a cold can to see if i could feel anything, i didnt.

they had to cut me to get him out, glad i couldnt feel it. and he was laid on top of me, all i saw was a full head of hair and his cord wrapped round his neck, i panicked. they toook him away and seemed like ages till he started to cry...and i started crying:cloud9:

they wrapped him up and mark placed him on top of me, weighing 7pound8ozs my little boy came into the world at 17.47.

i couldnt be more happier and he latches on my boob well too!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->