New. Convinced I'm pregnant. Question.

Kombuchaz

Reaction score
So, like most people I've done a ton of research lately and every website tells me something different trying to figure how far along I'd be. I have symptoms that came out of nowhere and are untypical for me. The scale is down a few pounds but the button on my jeans is uncomfortable and tight. The rest of my jeans are loose. I also had some bloating and gas which isn't normal for me since my diet is pretty basic and I ate nothing new. 2 days in a row I woke up red and had some kind of hot flashes. I've never had that before.

What I don't understand is all these calculators online and get something different for how far along you are. They say to go by your date of your last period because most don't know the date of conception but I know when mine would've been. When I put date of conception in I get a week difference.

Last period - July 20th. (Although I spotted once on July 18th). My periods are not an exact 28 days and tend to be longer and only last 2-3 days. I've never counted.

August 10th was the only day I've had sex within months. So there is no chance I'm wrong about this.

I know, most say it is too soon to know but I know my body and something is up and it's the only thing it could be. Assuming I am pregnant, how far along is it?

If your LMP was 7/20, that means you BD on Day 21 in your cycle. Not impossible to have ovulated on/after then, but that means you should expect at least a 35 day cycle in total (assuming a 14 day luteal phase, which is the average), so you would expect AF on or around 8/24.

Again, assuming you O'ed on/near 8/10, it takes min. 6 days to implant: which brings us to today. I have read as early as 5 from one source, but not likely. Average is more like 9-12. So, if you did get pregnant from 8/10, you could consider yourself 2 weeks or less on the 40 week calendar. And yes, you're correct that it is 'technically' impossible for you to be experiencing real preg symptoms before now. So, there is a good chance it may be psychological, or have some other cause like hormones out of whack for any number of other reasons.

It is common to get bloated in early pregnancy, but if this is your first baby you probably wouldn't notice an increase to the midriff until you are around 10-11 weeks along.

Another possibility: any chance you could have gotten preggo sometime in July (or June?) Was your period unusually light or short or differently colored? If not, I would wait to test until closer to the 24th for better chances of an accurate result.

If the situation doesn't resolve one way or another in the next week or two, you should probably see your doctor. There are other health conditions besides pregnancy that can cause these symptoms

And just for the record, the 'conception date' calculators would have a built in margin of error of up to 13 days: from the day you have sex, sperm can survive up to 5 days in you for fertilization to occur, and after fertilization it can take another 6-14 days to implant. So, actual 'conception' can take place anywhere inside that window.

LMP usually ends up being a bit more accurate unless you have wildly irregular cycles.

If it was August 10 the egg would only just have descended from the Fallopian tubes and be implanting, after that pregnancy hormone hcg starts to build.
You'd be less than 3 weeks so about a week from AF due/ testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"