New Dr Who

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
I wasnt impressed but I am still pining for David Tennant

what did everyone else think

I was surprised...i really enjoyed it.

Love that it's new,different and fresh :)

I thought that he was great! New Doctors should always bring something fresh and different to the role and I think he did. DT was fantastic, but towards the end I got the feeling that a change was needed, Matt Smith is a real change.

I thought it was really good. I love Mr Tennant but Matt Smith was excellent.

I cant wait for a return of the Weeping Angels.

V xxx

I thought it was okay, but then I am still pining for David Tennant like you. I was gutted when I found out he was leaving the show as I think he has been the best doctor by far. I think it is just going to take me some time to get used to the new guy and his new travelling partner. The kids loved it and my son was the biggest David Tennant fan going, and even he has given the new doctor his seal of appproval

I thought it was really good. I love Mr Tennant but Matt Smith was excellent.

I cant wait for a return of the Weeping Angels.

V xxx

Oh yeah, the weeping angels, they were really sinister things. Gave me goosebumps watching the last episode they were in

I wasn't expecting to love it - I was expecting it to have to grow on me but I was pleasantly surprised.
Did anyone else have to wrestle with their conscience in order to not give the baby an easter egg and some toys with the battery taken out to keep them quiet while Dr Who was on?! I didn't do it - but it was a close thing! Unfortunately we had a poo explosion in the middle - I have never changed a nappy so fast!

I wasn't expecting to love it - I was expecting it to have to grow on me but I was pleasantly surprised.
Did anyone else have to wrestle with their conscience in order to not give the baby an easter egg and some toys with the battery taken out to keep them quiet while Dr Who was on?! I didn't do it - but it was a close thing! Unfortunately we had a poo explosion in the middle - I have never changed a nappy so fast!

:rofl: oh the joys i have to come lol

I loved it :) I wasn't expecting to like Matt Smith so much - like some other ladies, I was a firm David Tennant-a-holic, and was really going to miss him. I always knew that I'd love the stories, I think that Stephen Moffat (who's now in charge) is one of the most talented individuals at the BBC. The episodes he's done previously are amongst my favourites. Particularly "Blink" (the original with the weeping angels) and "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead" (the 2-parter with River Song).

Did anyone else just go "squeeeee!!" at the "Coming soon..." thing at the end? River Song! Weeping Angels! Crazy Cybermen! Daleks with the Union Jack on them?! Vampires?! I am sooooo excited about this series now :rofl:

Sky+ is a wonderful thing, tell your OH its a must so u never miss a thing.

V xxx

I loved it :) I wasn't expecting to like Matt Smith so much - like some other ladies, I was a firm David Tennant-a-holic, and was really going to miss him. I always knew that I'd love the stories, I think that Stephen Moffat (who's now in charge) is one of the most talented individuals at the BBC. The episodes he's done previously are amongst my favourites. Particularly "Blink" (the original with the weeping angels) and "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead" (the 2-parter with River Song).

Did anyone else just go "squeeeee!!" at the "Coming soon..." thing at the end? River Song! Weeping Angels! Crazy Cybermen! Daleks with the Union Jack on them?! Vampires?! I am sooooo excited about this series now :rofl:

I must say I am looking forward to weeping angels and River song coming back
Next weeks ep has a new baddy called the smiler on it which is abit freaky to look at.
Did anyone else think the bit with the Dr eating all the different foods in this ep was abit odd

This is the smiler

https://doctorwhotv.co.uk/meet-the-smiler-2194.htm

Kaya got to play with her dad's iPhone and Blythe ate a tissue. They both got to stay up late due to it was well lol :winkwink:

First dr who i've really enjoyed and been glued to for ages!! think he's making a great dr, really engaging. i love tennant too :) but found lots towards the end of his dr-age almost unwatchable ... but because of russell t davies's terrible mawkishness and awful scripts! really good to see it freshened up.

we made lo stay up late to watch it in his dressing own with toys ... bad parents!

I am a HUGE David Tennant fan and I really wasnt impressed..both with Matt Smith and the plot.
Matt Smith had a few scenes and lines where had Tennant done it you would have giggled..with him it just seemed like he was trying far too hard.
The plot...more holes than a tart's knickers!as soon as the girl appeared at the start,you knew who she was.You knew what was coming about 10 mins before it happened-it seems that the new writer has no fresh idea's in his head...everyone saying 'zero' was one...in the episode with the master everyone was saying 'doctor' at the same time,remember?

Still at least we got to see Tennnant last night!wooo!!hehe.xx

Jury's still out here.... I'm not convinced yet, and I found the episode was a bit too hectic, like they were trying to cram too much in with introducing the new doctor, new assistant, and trying to tell a story at the same time.

The Smiler looks kinda... scary. Which is good. I like scary :rofl:

I think to say that Stephen Moffat has no new ideas is a bit... well... can't actually think of the word. Considering that Russel T Davies managed to come up with 2 villains in 4 season finales (Daleks twice and The Master twice), I think it's him who was running out of ideas! The last season finale was saved by David Tennant, John Simms and Bernard Cribbons. The plot was dire - bringing the Time Lords back, and that's all he did with them? The whole thing with multiple Masters was just... cringeworthy :dohh:

As for guessing where the episode was going from the start, my view is that we were allowed to work out as much as the writer wanted us to work out. I thought having a virus that made every digital device read "0" was a great idea, particularly as it didn't really save the day (on its own). Perhaps there are similarities to the dire plotline from the season 3 finale that had everyone thinking of the Doctor, but I thought this one was much better executed.

I know it's to each their own, but I don't think it's fair to say that the man who has come up with a couple of the most original and acclaimed Dr Who episodes ever has no new ideas :blush:

Matt Smith will grow on me, I think. I feel for him, as he has a very tough act to follow, with David Tennant being arguably the most popular Doctor since Tom Baker. I thought that Smith's Doctor was similar, but cleverly different. When he called the aliens back to tick them off, that wasn't something I would have imagined 10th Doctor doing.

Really excited to see what the rest of the season brings :thumbup:

The Smiler looks kinda... scary. Which is good. I like scary :rofl:

I think to say that Stephen Moffat has no new ideas is a bit... well... can't actually think of the word. Considering that Russel T Davies managed to come up with 2 villains in 4 season finales (Daleks twice and The Master twice), I think it's him who was running out of ideas! The last season finale was saved by David Tennant, John Simms and Bernard Cribbons. The plot was dire - bringing the Time Lords back, and that's all he did with them? The whole thing with multiple Masters was just... cringeworthy :dohh:

As for guessing where the episode was going from the start, my view is that we were allowed to work out as much as the writer wanted us to work out. I thought having a virus that made every digital device read "0" was a great idea, particularly as it didn't really save the day (on its own). Perhaps there are similarities to the dire plotline from the season 3 finale that had everyone thinking of the Doctor, but I thought this one was much better executed.

I know it's to each their own, but I don't think it's fair to say that the man who has come up with a couple of the most original and acclaimed Dr Who episodes ever has no new ideas :blush:

Matt Smith will grow on me, I think. I feel for him, as he has a very tough act to follow, with David Tennant being arguably the most popular Doctor since Tom Baker. I thought that Smith's Doctor was similar, but cleverly different. When he called the aliens back to tick them off, that wasn't something I would have imagined 10th Doctor doing.

Really excited to see what the rest of the season brings :thumbup:

I hope for all their sakes it was just a bad first episode,I just think it had a lot to live up to and failed..xx

Totally random but Dr Who had my juice glass in this episode.

When she grabbed the torch at the beginning, the rainbow glass was on the side.

And then again when he uses it to listen to the wall.

:blush:

v XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"