New, excited and seeking advice

M

Madeline

Hi

today I made my first ever appt to see a gyno for myself and my partner. I turned 42 almost 4 mths ago. I know it is very late to considering a family but well I guess the time wasnt right for us till now...

Now that I have made the appt it feels real eventhough nothing else has happened! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. No more coffee for me :coffee: I wonder if I will cope lol

I read some of the info online about our chances of conception and I am still excited:)

I would love any advice anyone has on things I can do to increase my chances of conceiving.

thanks for listening:)

Madeline

Hi Madeline, Welcome to BnB. Dont worry yourself with the stats online. One thing that this site proves is that there are many your age and older that have gone on to have beautiful babies.

The only advice i can really give you it to start taking folic acid and chart. Charting allows you to understand what your body is doing and when it is doing it. It will also help along with Ovulation predictor kits to tell you when you ovulate so you can pin point the ideal time to :sex:

I wish you lots of luck.

x

Hi madeline and welcome ,I am 44 and trying for my fifth ,there are lots of lovely ladies here in the same position as you :hugs::hugs:As Wendy says charting and timing and wen to time intercourse around the right time is crucial ,good luck lovely for your apt ,stay in touch ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Wendy and Desperado, thankyou so much for responding to me:):) Noone else knows about this besides my partner and me.

The online stats are pretty negative.. I have been trying not to let myself think about it but cant work out whether to let myself get excited in case things dont work out or keep calm. Excitement seems to have taken over:)

Ok folic acid I did read about that I will start on it straight away. All I know about my cycle is that it has always been like clockwork and continues to be. But I have never tracked when I ovulate. I will get some info and start doing that.

Would it be risky for us to keep trying now eventhough I am only now starting folic acid or should we wait a few months do u think?

:hi: Madeline and welcome! I am 43 and trying for my first so in a similar situation. Although they recommend taking folic acid for 3 months before you start trying it may be worth starting as soon as possible, then you can see how your cycles work out and when you are ovulating. I think I was taking FA for about 2 weeks before I started so I didn't wait as I knew time was of the essence.

Good luck :flower:

Madeline ,def start right away and with your cycles being regular hopefully you won't have to wait long for a :baby:,if there's anything u need help with feel free to private message me :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello, you should try and hang on to your excitement its a much better state than anxiety lol. I am 41 and trying for babe no 4. My 3rd babe is 2 and I conceived him at 38 and I only have 1 fallopian tube AND it only took 3 months of trying. Its turning out to be more difficult this time, but anything is possible right?
V
xxx

Hello, you should try and hang on to your excitement its a much better state than anxiety lol. I am 41 and trying for babe no 4. My 3rd babe is 2 and I conceived him at 38 and I only have 1 fallopian tube AND it only took 3 months of trying. Its turning out to be more difficult this time, but anything is possible right?
V
xxx

Good luck lovely ,I am trying for my fifth age 44 after ten losses ,it's hard to stay excited but I am confident I will get a little one ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Madeline and welcome!

I hope your stay is very short....congrats on the excitement.:thumbup:

These lovely ladies have given you some great advice and I only have one thing to add.....

Drink the :coffee:, it's all that will get you through! :flower:

Fx'd!

Hi Butterfly, Desperado and valb, I am excited enough for all of us:) I will start straight away. Its so nice to hear your experiences and to know that I am not alone in making this decision.

We will start straight away.. well Brad is back at work this evening with deadlines etc but when he gets back lol

And I agree anything is possible. So I am going to work hard on eating really well and exercising everyday so I can be fit and well and relaxed. And I am going to think positive thoughts for us so we can all become mums:)

I always suggest Instead Softcups and preseed for the new ladies. I and several other ladies got pregnant using them. You can read about them online for conception. I got pregnant with them the first time I used them but MC then used them during OV the third month after MC and am now pregnant again... Good luck!

I always suggest Instead Softcups and preseed for the new ladies. I and several other ladies got pregnant using them. You can read about them online for conception. I got pregnant with them the first time I used them but MC then used them during OV the third month after MC and am now pregnant again... Good luck!

I looked up the Softcups and they are for periods right? What difference would they make? I use a Mooncup right now but cant see how that would help conception. Preseed is just a lubricant, it doesn't seem to boast increased pregnancy rates. There are so many so called aids out there, I am wary about spending money and raising hopes for no reason. Not having a go, I am genuinely interested in things which will help.
V
xxx

Hi valb, yes softcups were designed for periods but some women (me included) use them after :sex: to hold the :spermy: near the cervix - you can keep them in for 12 hours so no spillage :thumbup:

Preseed is a sperm-friendly lubricant - most other lubes aren't - in fact they can harm the sperm and that includes baby oil and saliva so def don't use anything else. But it also acts as a help to the :spermy: when they swim up - kind of like having extra CM. Hope that helps a bit :flower:

Hi val ,the instead cups aren't expensive and can be re-used ,i got pregnant like garnet after using them the first time ,they help keep the sperm close to the cervix ,I would def recommend them :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

does anyone have a brand name for these products? thanks so much this is very useful:)

Instead Softcups and Preseed are the brand names... If you are in the US, you can get them at CVS or Riteaid. I paid 14.99 for cups and preseed was $19.99. I put the preseed inside the cup before inserting it after BDing... Good luck!

Hi valb, yes softcups were designed for periods but some women (me included) use them after :sex: to hold the :spermy: near the cervix - you can keep them in for 12 hours so no spillage :thumbup:

Preseed is a sperm-friendly lubricant - most other lubes aren't - in fact they can harm the sperm and that includes baby oil and saliva so def don't use anything else. But it also acts as a help to the :spermy: when they swim up - kind of like having extra CM. Hope that helps a bit :flower:

I suppose the mooncup would do the same thing then.

I suppose the mooncup would do the same thing then.

I've read that the Mooncups are not as effective because it doesn't hold as tight as the Instead cups on the cervix. I don't know but you could try it...

Hi Wendy and Desperado, thankyou so much for responding to me:):) Noone else knows about this besides my partner and me.

The online stats are pretty negative.. I have been trying not to let myself think about it but cant work out whether to let myself get excited in case things dont work out or keep calm. Excitement seems to have taken over:)

Ok folic acid I did read about that I will start on it straight away. All I know about my cycle is that it has always been like clockwork and continues to be. But I have never tracked when I ovulate. I will get some info and start doing that.

Would it be risky for us to keep trying now eventhough I am only now starting folic acid or should we wait a few months do u think?

www.fertilityfriend.com Info how to chart.
Use Internet Cheapies (IC) to know start of fertile time https://www.amazon.com/Combo-Ovulat...IQLY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317143531&sr=8-2

Consider use of SoftCups and using Pre-seed (can be found in Walgreens, and places like Amazon) to keep swimmers close to cervix. G'luck!

I'd give it one good cycle before TTC in ernest to get your body nice and full of nutrients so you can have a happy implantation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->