New, excited and seeking advice

Ive heard that the mooncup does not quite act the same for some reason but I can't remember why (does it sit in a different position?)

Hi

today I made my first ever appt to see a gyno for myself and my partner. I turned 42 almost 4 mths ago. I know it is very late to considering a family but well I guess the time wasnt right for us till now...

Now that I have made the appt it feels real eventhough nothing else has happened! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. No more coffee for me :coffee: I wonder if I will cope lol

I read some of the info online about our chances of conception and I am still excited:)

I would love any advice anyone has on things I can do to increase my chances of conceiving.

thanks for listening:)

Madeline

It was so nice to read your post and hear that you are excited....the excitement has gone for most of us as its taking a while for our BFPs. the best advice I can give you is stay positive, but keep in mind that it may take quite some time to conceive (could be 1-2 years). Also the next best advice is to NOT symptom spot. You will probably feel all sorts of 'never had before' symptoms after you ovulate but theres nothing much apart from a positive test to know if you are pregnant, so try not to overthink things. Good luck and I hope your time in this forum is short :hugs:

I forgot to mention that we had been trying for 6 months with no success before trying the instead cup. Prior to that it took us a whole year to get pregnant with my first pregnancy unfortuneatly I MC too. I wish I would of known about these product sooner. I could of been pregnant quicker.

The mooncup seems to not cover the cervix completely and has a deeper "bag" I think. Closer and completely covered is best.

My advice is to eat more watermelon! :hugs:

:wave: Welcome and good luck!

Yes the mooncup is more tulip shape (cant think of anything similar lol). Maybe its because its quite ridged that its not so snug.

thanks everyone:) I hope this thing is not difficult to use. I am in Australia so not sure if those products are available here but I check it out online and see.

My sister had a baby for the first time 18 mths ago she was 38 and had a beautiful little girl. I love shopping online and buying her clothes I cant wait:)
xx

Hi Madeline...Soft cups aren't available here in Australia..but you can order them online, I think I paid about $9.00 altogether with shipping and they came from the UK. Preseed I can't get either..I'm in Melbourne not sure where you are but you can go on to Chemist Direct online and order Concieve Plus..I was also at Priceline yesterday and I noticed in the Pregnancy/OPK aisle that Forelife makes sperm friendly lube. I haven't used this before but its the same as Concieve Plus or Preseed. Mooncups aren't the same as softcups and when you see them you'll understand why :) You def cannot buy Softcups anywhere in Australia you'll have to order them online. They haven't been approved here yet. Best of luck!!

Hi Crystal, I luv melbourne:) I am in Canberra. Thks that will save me time I will buy them online.

good luck to you too:)

DS went to Canberra on a school trip last year and loved it!! Just thought I'd save you some leg work,lol

Just popping in to say that my mom got pregnant with her youngest at 42 and had him at 43...wasn't even trying.
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Cool thks:) Canberra is a good place to live, it doesnt have the variety of urban experiences that Melbourne offers or the coffee lol but it is great if you love the outdoors.

I luv the pic of your little cat btw I can see the attitude from here lol

thks Christine thats really encouraging:) Apparently Sarcosi's wife announced she is pregnant today and she is 43.

Cool thks:) Canberra is a good place to live, it doesnt have the variety of urban experiences that Melbourne offers or the coffee lol but it is great if you love the outdoors.

I luv the pic of your little cat btw I can see the attitude from here lol

Yeah..he's just a tiny bit spoilt:winkwink: You'll find everyone likes to talk about their pets on here:haha: and about TTC and everything not TTC:thumbup: Feel free to jump on any of the threads and join in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->