New here and need advice

Jasmine9

Reaction score
Hello guys ... I am new here :)
My story is that i have been trying to conceive for six months only and as i went to my gynocologist i was told that everything is fine ... I dont have any problems and i dont have PCOS ... But she still gave me metaformin 750 mg twice a day and she ask me to start on clomid as well.. When i asked why she said to make sure things work out well.. did any of you go through this ? When do people usually start taking medication? I mean after how long of ttc do u take clomid ? Isnt it too early ?

That's a bit bizarre...usually it can take up to 12 months to conceive, then after 12 months doctors will start to look into things. Also I may be wrong, but i myself have never known anyone to be prescribed drugs such as clomid or metaformin when they have no cause to be on them, i.e. PCOS or not ovulating each month. So yes, I think it is too early to be taking them, especially considering you have been told you do not have any fertility problems!
Do you use ovulation tests or anything? To help confirm if you are ovulating or not?

Thank you for answering me .. Yes i do use the clear blue ovulation test since i start trying and i get the smiley face each month since then..
I did all blood tests and everything was totLly normal.. So can someone just use clomid becuase they want to get pregnant faster with no medical significance for the use?

I always ovulate but i was still put on Clomid. I was put on it to make my cycles shorter as they are currently around 34-38 days long. So far though it hasn't worked even though i've upped the dose.

My blood tests have always come back fine and my tubes have been checked and they are good. So yeah theres nothing obviously wrong with me apart from lng cycles but i was put on clomid.

I did however wait until i'd been charting a year before i went to the docs.

I always ovulate but i was still put on Clomid. I was put on it to make my cycles shorter as they are currently around 34-38 days long. So far though it hasn't worked even though i've upped the dose.

My blood tests have always come back fine and my tubes have been checked and they are good. So yeah theres nothing obviously wrong with me apart from lng cycles but i was put on clomid.

I did however wait until i'd been charting a year before i went to the docs.

Hope youll get a positive result soon .. Thank you for answering .. That might be the reason in my case too since my periods are 33-35 days long ..

That's weird, I thought you had to wait longer. Good luck getting a BFP shortly.

I was put on clomid even tho my :af: 28 days I ovulate to as well but only have one tube didn't get pregnant of it maybe they just want to try you to see what happens love xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->