New here and need support

ashaz

Reaction score
So I went in for my US today and the baby has stopped growing. It still has a heartbeat but it is very fast 200! Measuring only 6 weeks1day. She said that we could terminate now but we feel that is not the right choice since it still has a heartbeat. So now we wait. She said that we could come back in a few days, a month......

If this has happened before to you what did you decide? Right now we have decided to go back on Tuesday because the trout of waiting a whole month knowing it could be tomorrow that it passes seems really hard to do. Then she said for me to start thinking about d&c or meds. Can anyone tell me why and what they choose?

I really appreciate the support. None of my friends or close family have been thru this so have no one to turn to.

I haven't experienced this, but I have experienced miscarriage so I just wanted to give you my support. I wish you all the best.

If it were me I'd wait til the heartbeat stop, as I would feel like anything could happen while there is still a heart beating. Sorry you're going through this though :nope: :hugs:

I'd be waiting it out until I was sure it wasn't growing and no longer had a heart beat.

I initially opted for medical treatment, which failed and I ended up needing surgery as an emergency. I feel medical was the right option as seeing (some of) the pregnancy pass gave me a sense of closure. However there was a lot of bleeding and pain, where as once I had the surgery there was no pain and a lot less bleeding.

I think it comes down to this: do you want to be there when the pregnancy ends, or do you want to wake up and everything is over?

Have they given you odds of a good outcome? How long ago was last US?

Thanks for the comments. My last US was last Friday. That was when the baby was measuring 6 was. Today 6 days later it has only grown one day. Last week the gestational sac looked irregular but this week looked good. But she said bc of the heartbeat being 200 and only 1 day further she said my chances were very very low. She would not offer a percentage. Just can't stop crying. It's like I am sitting at home waiting for it to happen....meanwhile my SIL is ready to give birth to her 3rd.

people and machines make mistakes..

i would wait it out..you never know..

im sorry your going through this stress xx

Hi Ashaz,
I'm so sorry to read about your situation.
I really just wanted to offer you my support and send you lots of hugs.
FloatingKiss
xxxx

Posted today. Repeat US shows no growth (actually 2days less) and heartbeat was down to like 30 bpm. D&c scheduled for Thursday. :cry:

Posted today. Repeat US shows no growth (actually 2days less) and heartbeat was down to like 30 bpm. D&c scheduled for Thursday. :cry:

Really sorry for u hun. I had a D and C on Aug 2nd. Physically it was not that bad but the emotional part of the loss is terrible. If u need to talk, all of us ladies are here for u. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

im so sorry ur going through so much stress

can you go to another doctor? second or third opinioin..

the only reason i say this is that well...there is a heart beat....since there is your baby is alive...and you never know...

to me until that heart stops beating there i a chance..
i know alot want to just get it over with but to me as long as there is a heart beat there is a good chance for a baby....

why not wait and see..through stressful it maybe worth it

sounds like ur bugger is fighting :) to me that is soo worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->