New here and very confused!

Roobie

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post on here, and I could really do weith some advice, as I cannot find an answer to my query anywhere! I just got married and wanted to let things get natural again in preparation for starting a family.

So, I stopped taking the pill after 12 years, on April 23rd, and had a very light and short period starting the 27th. Since then, no period, no spotting.
However, for the past week I have had loads of pregnancy symptoms: constant headache, earache, lower back pain + twinges, bloating, cramps, aches + 'pops' in stomach, tiredness, aching muscles etc.
I did a test on Friday and it was negative, but everywhere I read talks about 'so many days past ovulation' and 'tracking your cycle' etc etc, but the problem is that as I haven't had a natural period how can I know this?! :wacko:
Can anyone help me please?! really confused!
Thanks.

Hello! Welcome to the site. Well it is very confusing counting days and whatnot coming off the pill. I came off in March and I was not able to count dpo until I had my first period in May. Unfortunately, I think you'll just have to wait until you have your first period to be able to track stuff. I had tons of 'pregnancy' symptoms before my first period, but I learned that it was just my body trying to function off of birth control. I hope that someone else can give you more insight, but for now you'll probably just have to play everything by ear. Hope everything goes well!

Hiya!

I think txrangersfan is right, and you need to count from your first period...Be patient, your body will need a little while to adjust after all the hormones!

I downloaded an app on my phone called maybe baby which helps you track when your period is due (after you've had one) and when is your ovulation day....

I wouldn't worry too much, give it a couple of months and if it doesn't come back to normal perhaps have a chat with your dr?

Good luck! :)

Getting off the pill can take time. I got off the pill three years ago and it took me almost a year to be "normal" I wasn't TTC at the time, I was avoiding (using the not-so-effetive-but-worked-for-us-method of withdrawal). I had several 20-22 day cycles followed by 40-50 day cycles. I'm not sure I was even ovulating half of the time. Since the pill keeps your body from ovulating, it may take it a while to figure out ovulating again.

Hi there, welcome to the forums :)

Like the other girls said, I would not worry too much, your body may need up to a year to be ready to conceive after taking the pill.
You still may be pregnant tho, maybe you are one of the lucky ones :D But you should wait until you are at least one day late before you test, early testing can just cause major disappointment (I know I am like that, when I do test I wait as long as I can)

One thing you should do tho is start charting your cycles, or at the least tracking them. It does not matter if you have a ''natural period'' or not. That way you will have a better understanding of your body and see how your cycles behave and when they start becoming more regular. You should track on a calendar the days of each period, how heavy they are. There are many websites you can use for that or you can also phone applications.

It is very common for women who come off birth control pills to have irregular cycles for a while, and sometimes they can be very light or very heavy, it's different from one woman to another.

Baby dust to you :D

It could be pregnancy or it could be your body trying to get back into its own natural rhythm. I got pregnant with my oldest two boys because I would forget to take a pill here and there and was not taking them at the same time everyday, so I can say it is possible to get pregnant this soon. Your symptoms could also be PMS or ovulation. Good luck to you!!

Thank you everyone!
I did another test today and it was negative. I agree, I think it is just my body adjusting to not being on the pill. Disappointing, but I know things will take time. I want my body to hurry the hell up though so I can join in the conversations!
Thanks all : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"