New here - feeling old!

LOL! You think you're old?! Haha that's cute. I'm 47 years old and 22 weeks pregnant! I'll be 48 when the baby is born. :) I got a lot of surprised reactions from people when I told them. :)

Congratulations :) bet your on :cloud9: !!!! I'm 43 almost 44 thinking about no 3 :haha::haha: in the near future

LOL! You think you're old?! Haha that's cute. I'm 47 years old and 22 weeks pregnant! I'll be 48 when the baby is born. :) I got a lot of surprised reactions from people when I told them. :)

Congratulations :) bet your on :cloud9: !!!! I'm 43 almost 44 thinking about no 3 :haha::haha: in the near future

Thanks! :D Yup I'm on :cloud9: Yes you go for number 3 who cares about age! :D :thumbup:

Thanks! :D Yup I'm on :cloud9: Yes you go for number 3 who cares about age! :D :thumbup:
Now I just have to get oh to agree !! Our LO is only 6 months :haha:

Just to add a different perspective, I live in Hong Kong (I'm from the UK though) and here the age women have their first baby is much later than many other places - 35 is considered normal and 40/40+ no one would bat an eyelid at. I however did surprise people when I had my DS at 29 and will likely surprise people again by having another at 31...I'm practically considered a teenage parent!

This thread makes me feel so much better about TTC at 40+! :happydance: I just turned 42 and will be trying for #3 in a couple of months if dh doesn't get cold feet. I had my first at 36 and my second at 39, just a few months before my 40th birthday.

Also remember all that " research " re maternal age was completed in the 1940s when the life expectancy for a women was in her early 60s ! Alot of it is antiquated !! Now we have better medical care , better nutrition ect .....

Also remember all that " research " re maternal age was completed in the 1940s when the life expectancy for a women was in her early 60s ! Alot of it is antiquated !! Now we have better medical care , better nutrition ect .....

Exactly! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. The negativity surrounding TTC at 40+ really gets to me sometimes, especially from the medical community.

Just to add a different perspective, I live in Hong Kong (I'm from the UK though) and here the age women have their first baby is much later than many other places - 35 is considered normal and 40/40+ no one would bat an eyelid at. I however did surprise people when I had my DS at 29 and will likely surprise people again by having another at 31...I'm practically considered a teenage parent!

Really?? I live in Spain, and I thought this was the place with oldest mums ever.

I'm 43 and will be 44 when I have the baby providing all goes well.I'm a little nervous as I've had 6 miscarriages and it's early days. I'm not sure at what stage I would tell people but I can't imagine getting a great reaction if I'm honest. But stuff them, eh?

Wow this is a great thread, it gives me so much continued hope.
Stay strong all you lovely ladies!!

Wow this is a great thread, it gives me so much continued hope.
Stay strong all you lovely ladies!!

Jenny there is soooo much hope , your still young no need to be worrying :) hoping you get your BFP soon xxx

I'm soon 44 looking for no 3 ;)

I'm 43 and will be 44 when I have the baby providing all goes well.I'm a little nervous as I've had 6 miscarriages and it's early days. I'm not sure at what stage I would tell people but I can't imagine getting a great reaction if I'm honest. But stuff them, eh?

Oooh congratulations :) I'm 43 soon to be 44 . Have had 2 LO in the past two years . Would love another so maybe ill be joining you with no 3 when I'm 44 ;)

Why won't the response be positive ? Be cause of your age ????

It makes me sad that so many women are made to feel uncomfortable about their age, especially by family members or their healthcare providers! Don't feel "old". Whenever I feel old, I remind myself that a) I'm blessed to be alive and b) I'll be 60 when my child is 30 and I think 60 is pretty young!!

Wow I haven't been back to this thread in a while! Nice to see so many positive responses.

I was told recently that I've given some women hope because they are 35+ and hoping for another. Even that makes me feel a little aged, but at least I'm giving hope! lol.

I'm taking it all with a grain of sand because I'm ecstatic to be pregnant and already thinking of another shortly after :dohh::winkwink:

I had my first at 32 after 3 1/2 years of trying. Now I am approx 6 weeks pregnant with my second after trying for 2 years. I will be 37 in December.

I'm another geriatric mum! :haha:

I had my first when I was 35, second at 37. We had a couple of 'hiccups' last year, and I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with my 3rd at 41.

I've actually had no comments at all about my age, not even from healthcare professionals. I get extra scans anyway because I'm classed as high risk due to a blood clotting disorder so I guess they didn't have to mention the age thing!

Oooh congratulations :) I'm 43 soon to be 44 . Have had 2 LO in the past two years . Would love another so maybe ill be joining you with no 3 when I'm 44 ;)

Why won't the response be positive ? Be cause of your age ????

Oh fingers crossed for you.
I think partially my age and also because I already have 4 children. I know my mum won't be impressed! And my friends will think I'm mad. Most people my age have grown up kids so the thought of having another is alien to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->