New here, need some advice-sih WTT and WANTING to try :-p

LimeFerret

Reaction score
Hello there!
I first want to introduce myself, I have wanted to join for a while, but felt like maybe I shouldn't, then I realized there is a WTT section that I would fit right into.

I am a 24 year old artist from New Jersey. I got married to my highschool sweetheart (of 9 years!) in August. I have managed PCOS (Lost 85 pounds on weight watchers and manage with nutrition and exercise...mostly)

We have decided to avoid the pill, as my friend, and my mom strongly cautioned against it, and we may decide to try at any time. We JUST started using BBT and CM charting. (one month in, working the kinks out)

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this, as I am not TTC I didnt think it belonged there, even with the topic.

So, the common story. I want to try NOW, and DH wants to wait... till an undefined time. I TOTALLY understand that he isn't ready, though I do not know when ready till be for him, and neither does he. I secretly pray that we have a happy accident, but would never intentionally try for that. I want both of us to want it like crazy first!

So this month we didn't exactly follow the charting rules for TTA (trying to avoid) and there is an eeeennncccyyy chance that I am preggers. (With the PCOS, who the heck knows if I am even ovulating) I have been having symptoms, however the last couple months I have been having similar symptoms around the same time of month. I have crazy cycles, they used to be 45 days on the mark, but lately they have been all over the place, hard to figure out. (I know some people are symptom junkies, I had been charting day by day, but a sampling would be nausea, heartburn, lots of blue veins, moody, TIRED, super hungry, cravings, spotting, twingy abdomen, but not raised temps as of yet.
The thing is this time around, this morning, I actually saw a line on one of the internet cheapies. (yes, I do have pics, but I dont want to post them before I know if i am in the right place, seeing as there is a section for that in TTC) I am trying to convince myself that I am simply seeing the ghost line of the chemical pickup, but who knows. I have paranoia (no joke, diagnosed paranoia) so I have been testing like a madwoman (yes, a pee on a stick addict, because the world clearly needed another)
The later in the day tests didnt show anything, I think anyhow. I have seen the ghost pickup line on the first response before, so when I saw it this time I figured it is nothing. I am going to test again in the AM

Again, I hope this isnt in the wrong place, and that I can be a happy new addition to the community. I will stop being a newbie in no time :dohh:

Hello and welcome to ttc!!! :hi:
I can understand you're nevous. What do you mean when you say you didn't follow the rules exactly? Are we taking not taking some temperatures, exclding temperatures you shouldn't have, having unprotected sex during ovulation? The temps should tell you whether you ovulated. Could you see a clear temp shift?

Hiya welcome to wtt - we all dream of that happy accident :hugs: Iv never charted or temp before so im no help on that and i regularly see lines that arnt there :rofl: I think every month i have been in wtt i have thought im preggers :rofl: Ah dear - what this waiting does to us!!! Good luck hun x

Thanks for the welcome!

I should have been a bit more clear, I have been temping every day, however the first week or so I was waking up at either 10 on my days off or 6 on my work days. I know this can change the results. There were also a few days a drank a little before bed, this can also change results.
My chart shows 2 distinct areas that could have been ovulation, the first time was 14 days in (I know 14 days before the next period is the "gold standard" but having 40+ day cycles... well you do the math.) The first spike the CM charting looked good for fertility, while the second it did not.

Yes, we had unprotected sex 2 days before (and right after) both spikes. We are newly weds that saved unprotected for marriage, cant stay away from each other! (Sorry if TMI!!)

The thing is, I NEVER have spotting. Last month my period was 3 weeks late, and when it arrived, I kid you not, I thought I was bleeding to death. It was as orange as a carrot, and I was in the bathroom of the mall LOSING MY MIND. Again with the TMI, but I figure someone may have some idea of what is going on, so I am trying not to hold back. I also never have breast pain, even when I am driving myself crazy thinking maybe I am pregnant. But then again I have gained 20lb in the last year or so, and with PCOS the pounds bring on the symptoms, in my case anyways.

I am DYING to start trying. My mom fears that I will have alot of trouble conceiving, and thinks getting started early will prevent anyones dreams from being crushed. Being a mom is really WHAT I want want to do with my life. I know, I know, some women look at me sideways and get all "you have to have bigger goals and dreams! oh my gosh! what about a career!?!?" I am perfectly happy being a freelance artist. I am not uber successful yet, and I work at it. I have a happy marriage (though my DH HATES his job, and has been looking for a new one for over a year - it doesnt pay enough at all...) I feel like really all I am doing is waiting to start in on life now that I got to this point.

Sure, I know life will change, things will suck sometimes, and my time will be eaten alive (people consider me a sort of party girl right now, but trust me, I am ready to drop that. Now.) The whole situation isnt made any better by my anxiety disorder, paranoia, or my addictive personality disorder. Hooray multiple mental illness...

But I digress.
I know how helpful a community of like minded, helpful people can be for touchy subjects. I have been helping women with PCOS stick to their goals, and loose weight in forums for a few years (One of them lost the weight and conceived right after that!!!!)

So thank you for letting me join in the fun. Heres to years of strange questions, lots of pee on sticks, and bumps of the future. haha

Forgot to mention that last month I was almost certain I was preggo. I even got the blood test done, I was wrong. I mean, I even got a faint line on a test, better looking than the brain boggler this time around, but lots of BFN after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->