New here & need some advice

cdejdemommy

TTC Baby Three
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As I type this I have very mixed feelings. You see, I took 3 pregnancy tests recently - two yesterday and one this morning. All 3 had faint positive lines but then I found out by googling that the last 2 tests I took (The Equate brand Early Test w/ blue dye) are prone to evap lines. I cant exactly explain how I'm feeling right now. I have a doctor's appointment at 2:30 to have an ultra sound and a blood test done.
The bad thing is, I have the Mirena IUD inserted. If I am pregnant then the IUD will have to come out and that is risking miscarriage, if I keep it in there are greater potential risks to the baby.

I'm very nervous and scared. My husband and I already have 2 beautiful boys. Our oldest turned 3 on the 23rd of August and our youngest will turn 2 on the 30th of October. I'm a stay at home mom and right now I know I couldn't handle another one. I'm already short on patience most days with my two toddlers. I've decided to be happy with whichever outcome I find out today but I KNOW that if I'm not pregnant then for the next few months I'm going to have desperate baby fever and I'll try to talk my husband into having a 3rd child with me, even though right now both of us say we're not physically or emotionally ready for another child at this point.

We've decided to wait until our youngest (almost 2) is around 4, almost 5 to even start thinking about TTC again but I don't know... I feel like if I get a BFN at the doctor today I'm going to be a little bummed and will probably want to have my Mirena removed and start TTC right away.

What do you girls think?

Talk about it more with your hubby. Tell him how you are feeling right now, and maybe he can help out things into perspective. Sometimes the original plan isn't what you really wanted deep down.

eek... I'm going through pretty much the same as you !!! Check out my thread in 1st trimester.
It's such a rollercoaster of emotions isn't it !?!?!

So, I'm not pregnant. My Mirena is working just fine. I chose to keep it in for a bit longer.
My husband and I have been talking. We don't know what we want. I was a little bummed that I wasn't pregnant but also very glad that I wasn't as this whole Mirena deal would have put a big damper on it, worrying about MC and everything.

So... for now, all plans are still up in the air. We're going to do a little remodeling to the house we just bought last month to take our minds off of it. My husband is working on the privacy fence today and I'm going to Lowes to choose paint colors. Does anyone find that being creative in one way take your mind off the need to "pro-create" ?! LOL! We want to do a lot to our house before baby #3 comes along and I really do want a space for the baby. Right now we have a 4 bedroom house but we're using the smallest bedroom as an office. The boys (3 & almost 2) aren't quite sharing a bedroom yet. The little one sleeps in the oldest one's room most nights, in the toddler bed but his twin size bed is still in the "playroom" it's kind of a mess.

Besides, we really want a girl and if we are going to have a girl I want to make sure there's enough money to fix her room up nicely like we did for both of our boys but there are more "important" household projects right now... so... sigh...

It'll probably be another 2-3 years.. maybe..
haha!

At least you know now- it's hard not knowing.

Being creative definitely helps with the impatience!!!! :D Glad you've got an answer and hope everything goes the way you want it now. :)

awww :hugs: well it's good that you know now and it's let you have a good talk and make a decision about what you want to do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->