New here - No milk supply?

Thank you ladies for your valuable experiences and resources. I am so glad to have access to this site to be able to discuss these issues.

TheNewMrs: You are so right. So many women I know were told by medical professionals that they just weren't lactating and should FF.

A woman I know had nurses bring her a breast pump and she said very little milk came out, so she took that as evidence that there simply wasn't enough. And to top that off her LO was not latching on so that added to her belief that there was nothing for the baby in there.

Another woman was told her LO was losing weight and she should supplement because he would continue to lose weight. The funny thing was that as much as she had tried to supplement he would refuse it all and ended up exclusively BF'ing for a nice long time. This is what I heard that placed doubts in my mind...that the problems my friends were having with BF'ing were possibly something different than what they thought.

But I do remember a friend told me her sister had issues with BF.. and though she herself didn't have any children and wasn't planning on having any at the time, she researched and researched and ended up finding that there is a small clinic in our town that is able to help with latch issues etc. This was something that I heard several years ago but thankfully due to researching a lot lately I remembered this conversation with my friend :)

When I got mastitis this time around my doctor actually told me to STOP feeding on the infected side 'because the infection may pass to baby'. If I was a naive mother who hadn't research properly I would have actually listened to her and then I would have most definitely had supply issues on that side! It's shocking how little these people know. Luckily I had read loads about mastitis before my appointment and everything said KEEP feeding on the infected side. I didn't listen to the doctor and we got over it pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->