New here =) Question... cold feet?

Nits

Amy is here!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Quick intro: I've been married for 2 1/2 years and pretty much wanted to try to for a baby since we got married but DH wasn't ready. After years of severe baby fever (so bad it isn't even funny), last month DH said he wanted to start trying.

So, I really want to NTNP (since in my mind that is trying already). I don't want to chart or anything (at least not for now). So now we are finally letting things happen and... I am getting cold feet! I am, part of me is still ultra happy and I daydream and smile just at the thought.

but when it comes time to BD, I freak out. I almost get dizzy and can't really relax and enjoy.

Anyone else feeling this? Why can't I just be over the moon with excitement instead of creating this anxiety in my mind when there is nothing to worry about?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading =)

im 15 and pregnant, but i mean i guess that a baby is a big deal so you have a right to be scared.. its all gonna work out tho just enjoy it thats the best thing you can do.

Thank you, bbymammademi. Very wise words. How far along are you?

9 weeks yesturdayyy just alwyas super scared the babys not okay

I'm sure the baby is fine. Good luck with your little bump =)

It is fine to feel like you do it is a very big thing to bring a baby in to the world and realy it all lands on the womans hands we have to get preg then have to have all the sickness that comes with it cary it for 10 months and give brith. A baby is for life and if you wasnt scard you should be worred even thow i have had 2 i still get realy scread thinking about a nother.

Thanks tmr1234. I think that what you said is so true. I had this momeny yesterday when it just hit me: DH and I will work together to get pregnant but then it will be ME who will carry the baby (even though that makes me giddy with excitement). It's my body that will change and... I don't know, I've only known my child-free life so far, and it felt like I was saying goodbye to everything I've been and known so far.

This thought makes me extremely happy on the one hand (I really am happier now that we are trying than I've been in a long time) but I guess yesterday I just got a minor panic attack, LOL

I had the same feeling the day after we got married. Terrified and amazed all in one but I know it's the best decision I've ever made...

thanks for reading ^_^

Nits, I was exactly the same way my first month of trying. I would even stop oh whilst DTD and say I've changed my mind! It was my first AF post starting NTNP that really made me realise how much I wanted to be pg. I wasn't exactly mega broody afterwards, but there was definite disappointment tinges rather than waves of relief. I found NTNP to be the way of easing me in, and this month I tired opks for the first time (but dithered about that too!). Just because you initially have these feelings and concerns, it doesn't mean that you won't get excited about the process. It is hugely life changing and is a very exciting, terrifying and worthwhile journey. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->