new here .. :S

jellytot

mummy to be xx
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is kelly i am new here
not sure what to write...

me and my oh are thinking of trying, thing is im not sure if he is truly ready, i am more than ready and have been for a while, he told me he is halfway there which is more than enough reasuurance for me as it shows he wants it too, we have recently bought a 3 bedroom house, and although havn't done too much to it i really would like to make it into a home before bringing up a family, does that sound selfish? I have alot of friends and family recently had and or having children and i am very close to all of them, its hard though sometimes as i long for it to be me.
Anyone else feeling the same? I am currently on the combined pill and my oh says i can come off it, but at the same time i dont want it to happen if he is not ready, would hate for him to feel pressured,

Welcome!!!

I don't think it's selfish to want to get your home together at all. That's one of my goals too, I figure it's just nesting, trying to get your home just right for a little one. I too am surrounded my babies and little ones so it's hard to wait but I know it will be worth it since I know that we'll be that much more ready and can concentrate on a baby instead of worrying about how to hide the stains in the ugly carpet. :rofl:

Don't worry about presurring your OH! Funny thing about guys is they always come around fast and now that he's decided he's half there I bet he'll be all there in no time flat!

Good luck to you and OH and have fun in here, everyone is super nice and it's totally addicting!!!!

:hug:

thanks for your reply mrs. jj, im not alone yay, i just wish everything could come together, we have lived in our house a year and only decorated our bedroom, its time and money i suppose, im 23 and so many of my friends are mums, i just feel like im getting too old lol, even though i have ages, it just worries me that if we ttc we run into problems, cos no one knows until they try, i think i may worry too much lol

Welcome Jellytot! I think it is very sensible to get yourself organised first. As long as you & your OH are open with each other as to what you want and when, everything will be cool I am sure :)
Enjoy your time with us!
Katie x

Oh don't worry you're not too old at all!! I'm just going to start TTC in August and I'll be 28 in October. I think it's very sensible to get your house all squared away first. Just leave the one bedroom undone so you can decorate the nursery when you're pregnant. That'll keep you busy planning for those 9 months! That's what I'm gonna do! :blush:

hehe i have already planned the nursery lol, i often take my oh in the spare room and plan everything there with him, he just looks at me and smiles hehe, oh well i have my kitten jasmine to keep my occupied asnd coo over for a bit lol :)

Oh ya, kitty will keep you busy! I can't wait to decorate my nursery but I must concentrate on the bathroom remodel and the carpet... I hate how expensive everything is!! :hissy:

Im having the same problems with my OH jellytot, he says he wants to one minute and then not the next. Im not to sure he's ready but i am, im now taking pregnancy vits and agnus castus so im ready when he makes his mind up, its hard not to push them into it but it'll happen when it happens i guess. Good luck :D

hey hun, welcome :wave: I think it sounds like a good idea to get yourself sorted then start TTC, but also if you do feel ready then maybe you could come off the pill, use barrier method for a while and get your body ready for TTC - start taking the folic acid, etc as it's advised to do this 3 months before TTC anyway :)

Whatever you decide, hope you enjoy it here, however long your stay might be :D x

Hello hunni,
Your situation is similar to mine, i am the same age and me and OH have just bought a house and moving in, in 2 months. Sounds like its all ready to go on the TTC front, maybe come of the pill and give it time for cycles to get back to normal xx

thankyou all for taking time out to reply, i am so relieved i'm not the only one who feels like this, everytime i think about having children its like something is tugging at my heartstrings,:confused:

i think you guys are right though, after all there is no rush, we have our own house that is a big commitment in itself and something we should enjoy to make a home together, and have :sex: in all the rooms and hope for :bfp: sometime soon :rofl:

well who here has watched apprentice tonight? on the subject of babies! lol

hey jellytot :p

I agree with coming off the pill and using condoms etc... ur body takes/needs time to adjust.

I came off the pill ages before getting with OH and to say that becoming pregnant was a shock is an understatement. He took it quite badly to begin with but once he saw the scan hes never looked back and we both love Ben more than anything.

One of the main things that holds men back is money and the fact that you will spend less attention on them lol.

My house is also unfinished - i have a new kitchen with an unpainted ceiling for 1 year already :p

Its worth every second - even those in the middle of the night :)

thankyou all for your comments im finding them all very helpful, i feel very welcomed on BNB xxx :blush:

:hug::hug::hug:

Jellytot - yes, I watched the Apprentice last night! It was brill, poor OH had to handle me saying 'awwwwwwwww' all the time, but then he started joining in!! Thought the helmets were a bit weird!! Loved the little foldaway buggy though!

yes me too! it was really convienient and quite funky!!! although i have seen a silver cross pramette i would like lol, and i havnt even ttc yet!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->