New here... sec. infert. and clomid....

hopingfor4

Reaction score
I've never before in the past had infertility issues. I've had 4 pregnancies, only one m/c. Things were always easy.... concieved right away, first month of trying. With our youngest I was looking online at an ovulation calculator and it said I was due to ovulate, so we dtd once, and I got pregnant.

Now... it's been 2 years and I can't conceive! I'm frustrated, and angry.

Went to the OB in Jan. and was told I don't ovulate. I've been put on clomid this month, cd 6-10 and I'm currently CD 24. I have tested every day for the past few days and its always a negative :cry:

I did use OPK strips daily this cycle so I could see if I had an LH surge, which I did :happydance: and we :sex: all the days around there.

But I'm just so frustrated this doesn't seem to be happening this month. :nope:

Anyone else in the same situation?

I am in the exact same situation as you. Got pregnant with my DD the month BEFORE we officially started trying. We have been trying since June of 2010 and nothing. I have had one suspected chemical, but that's it. I've had a HSG done to check my tubes b/c I had a ceserean section with my DD and all was clear. All my tests and OH tests have come back normal. I am now on my 3rd round of Clomid. 50mg CD 3-7. My OH works away from home so timing is sometimes less than ideal. It was possible the last two cycles but not ideal. Should be better this cycle.

My ob changed my clomid to cd 3-7 and 100 mg.... so here's hoping it happens this cycle.

I am TTC #3 and have been trying for 6 months unsuccessfully...only took two cycles with my first two, so this is weird. I am older now (34) but not too old! ;)

I am currently at 19 DPO with slight red spotting at 14 DPO (day of expected AF) and then nothing since. Had severe cramping after DTD on 15 DPO so I went to the doc yesterday and they did a sono- she said I had a small cyst that ruptured, but more interestingly, my uterine lining was really thin (5 mm) -- like I had already had my period.

I have had no real pg symptoms in over a week so I am totally confused...
Tired of this!

I'm new here, I had my son 15yrs ago and an now tyring for my 2nd..had no luck and have been using the clear blue fertility monitor. I'm not testing positive for ovulation but the day 21 blood test I had a few months ago said I had.

I had a chemical in Nov and so I obviously did ovulate that month. So i'm assuming that I just don't ovulate every month :nope:

They are going to send me an appointment for a lap and dye test which i'm a bit nervous about. Have any of you had that? What was it like afterwards?:nope:

I should add i'm almost 34. Anyway just would like some input from women who are going through this as it's so frustrating. :nope:

Also do you think they will give me clomid after the lap and dye?

Gemlou- I didn't have a lap and dye, but I did have a HSG, where they insert a catheter through your cervix and inject dye to check for blockages in your fallopian tubes. I didn't find it bad at all, but I've read that some people find it very painful. A lap and dye involves an incision doesn't it? I would assume it would have some amount of recovery time. I'm hoping to get one soon, as the hsg was 7 months ago and still nothing :(

I am currently on my 3rd round of Clomid. My doc said that it is the first step in treating unexplained infertility. If everything comes back clear from your lap and dye and no structural issues/blockages are found, you probably will be started on Clomid.

Fx you get preggo first and don't need it :)

Hi Jodi thanks for responding. Yes the lap and dye is keyhole surgery apparently. They will send me more info when the appointment arrives. I went for HSG two months ago but they abandoned the procedure saying my cervix was so high up they couldnt find it (she didnt try for long though and id never had a smear abandoned)!!

Anyway I rang to complain and so now im waiting for the lap and dye. I've ordered some pre seed but suppose thats no use if im not ovulating.....just need to feel im doing all I can.

I take it your tubes are clear then? I will keep everything crossed for you thats you get preggo very soon:winkwink:

My tubes are clear. My right one was slow to fill up but eventually gave way. No reason yet for why it's taking so long to conceive. Funny thing is we conceived our DD first cycle trying!!! Beginners luck I guess.

Come join our thread, it's for women on Clomid w/ secondary infertility! Lol, you are in luck my dear :) WE are an awesome thread!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/secondary-infertility/791013-clomid-101.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->