new here, story and a mini rant as feeling low.

Kaila

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Kaila.
New to the premature babies section, i stopped by before, but never really posted.
I had my little princess at 31 weeks
Here's the link to my birth story page for you all to read :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/367800-introducing-isabelle-faith-birth-story-pics.html

At the moment Isabelle is doing really well, i'm so pleased, today we bathed her for the first time, i think she was confused as to what was happening lol
She has even had two 30ml feeds out of her bottle too, i cant be anymore proud of her, until i was told shes put weight on, i was nearly crying with happiness, she's just improving everytime i see her.

Things have been hard, going to the hospital everyday, seeing her with her feeding tube up her nose, all i want is for her to be home. My family have been good helping out where its needed, other halfs family have helped out too, its just his family make me feel useless and so small.
His sister had her first baby too last year, and when she talks to me, she literally tells me how to do things with Izzy. I mean, yeh i would like support, but when she's telling me what to do, it gets on my nerves. Her and OH have always had a close relationship, but he does everything she says. she even tells him what to spend our money on! which i told him i didnt like that he told her all the time what money we have, its nothing to do with her but it doesnt get far telling him, he'll always side with her. His sister seems to get too involved and i dont like it, she's now planning a big night out to celebrate Izzy being born, personally we need izzy to be home and well before all this goes on, but they all dont seem to understand that Izzy comes first, not the night out.

Sorry i ranted on my first post. I just feel like i'm doing things myself at the moment, and i cant really handle much more, i just want my little princess home.

I hope everyones okay and doing well

:flower:

hi hun, ur little girl is just beautiful. so sorry your having a hard time. maybe get your oh to talk to your family and explain that its a tough time atm and any critisism constructive or otherwise is unwelcome. hope your little princess comes home with you soon xx

Heres something to start with - her baby is not only a different being, but preemies and full term babies are often NOT the same to look after. People often assume when preemies hit full term thats it - its the same. Having a preemie is a totally different experience hun. Just smile and nod, she'll soon realise when Izzys home! :hugs:

Firstly congratulations on Izzy! Being a mummy is an amazing experience!
Secondly, No matter who you think you might offend tell them to butt out! Having a preemie is hard enough without the added extras. I certainly didnt want anyone telling me what to do and when they tried I used to tell them do you have any experience with a premature baby? No, so who are you to act like you do. I know it sounds hard but your experiencing emotions you didnt think you would and its hard enough without all that going on.
I hope Izzy will be home with you soon :hugs:

Congratulations! It is great to hear Isabelle is doing brilliantly. Hopefully your NNICU journey is nearing its end and the fun begins when you get her home!!

And don't worry about ranting - we've all had 'em at one point or another!!

Can you have a chat with your OH and let him know how you feel? He might be able to ask her to back off a bit. It is one more stress you just don't need and he should understand that. (As should she!!!)

One thing I found really shuts people up is "well, because she was premature...." If I use this to start sentences whenever I'm disagreeing with advice, generally it works a treat. Unless someone has been there, they don't know and they certainly aren't going to argue with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->