New here TTC mom of three after two losses

Wren

Reaction score
I just joined and I am so glad to have found this forum. I have three beautiful children and my husband and I decided we were done. Well I got pregnant and lost the baby at 4 weeks. We changed our minds and tried again. I got pregnant again and this time lost the baby at 15 weeks. We were so crushed and really I am still healing. But we have decided to try again. I am so worried though because I have never been TTC before. It always came so easily. We would say ok well lets try in may and see what happens and I would get pregnant right away. I lost the second baby at the end of july and we just started in December using no protection (our not really trying but not /not trying) I have had 5 cycles since and nothing. I know people try for years but I am getting older (37) and have also donated a kidney. My cycles used to be like clockwork (26 days)now I spot for almost half the month and have 22 day cycles (they are getting better though, the spotting has slowed down, so I am hoping my body is still just healing). I avoid going to the doctor because she does not approve of my getting pregnant again and treated me very poorly when I had my last miscarriage. Of course I have done all this reading on how horrible having short or really long cycles is. I don't want to wait too long because our oldest is 14 and soon I will be 40. I feel a little bad about losing my mind after only 5 cycles when I have friends who have been trying for several years for their first (and they both were tested and are fine) I also have no idea when and if I am ovulating (I used to but now I have no clue). My husband and I have been having sex every other day this month at the very least just in case and I am due to start this saturday. I am on pins and needles!! I not what you would call a patient person.
Anyway that is pretty much my story!

Hey there Wren - I would change dr's - with short cycles it could be a fixable hormonal problem - the length of cycles and spotting is possibbly indicative of a progesterone deficiency... a few simple tests could give you a little more insight and a dr who is prepared to support you is vital and one that treats you poorly when going thru a mc is awful!!

When you are greiving for a mc it does make ttc harder as each cycle that you don't get pregnant will hit you much harder - 2 steps forward - bfn and 1 step back

Hope your ttc journey takes a turn for the better and this weekend brings you your bfp :)

hx

thank you ...I decided to talk to another doctor (we have a bit of a shortage here so there are very slim pickings) Although I was a day late it seems AF is coming today..:( another cycle bites the dust. I am excited to talk to a professional though and thankfully I have not had any spotting like I have experienced previous months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->