New here ttc with blocked tubes.

Indihope

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to this and would love some advice. Myself and bf have been ttc for two years now. I have been diagnosed with blocked Fallopian tubes. I have been looking at natural ways of opening them as ivf is not an option for us. I am going to start taking radiant wonder herbs- cinnamon and poria and free flow. I have read that these can be successful. I am also going to try using castor oil packs. Has anybody tried any of these or have any success stories in what worked for them??

Thanks

Xxx

Your tube's were confirmed blocked from HSG right?

Yes they are definitely blocked. Not just caused by a spasm or anything.

My tube's are open so I dont have much to help but try massage's to get the adhesion's to loose or spread apart. I have scarring all around my pelvic from a surgery and have notice a huge different from the massage's!

Yes I was going to try that also. I heard that that can be very helpful.

Yes it really is, my uterus was stuck far to my right it would hurt so bad with my period's she loosed it and now it's normal :)

Hi ladies.
I too have blocked tubes.... Distal end.
Lovely parting gift from my ex that when undiscovered for many years.
Defo worth it to read this as it may help you & there is a VERY interesting copied & pasted story I found on another website.

Awful hospital experience...
Had lap & dye test to confirm both blocked, husband & I devastated I have daughter from pervious relationship before PID.
My Doctor didn't come & speak to me after lap & dye had to wait two very long weeks for results.
Had another app with another Gyne doctor to discuss results...
All a blur as I was so upset hubby couldn't be with me due to work she skimmed over my results very fast & got to the IVF part and assured me not to worry as they can do some amazing things for me....
Left app happy & confident & ready for next app at CARE clinic within DRH....
Oh I was so wrong....
So very wrong....
Arrived at next app after excited to talk to doctor about what they have planned maybe tubal surgery??
Reported to reception for app to be taken by a nurse into the office to tell me the doctor I have app with is refusing to see me!?!?
I got passed from doctor to doctor with the promise that they can help me when all they wanted is to get me to CARE IVF clinic because we have to pay for our treatment as I have daughter.

I had so little knowledge of what questions to ask they really didn't give me much just not to worry and I was passed on.
I'm in the process of getting my questions answered as we have managed to save 6k ready for our one & only shot @ IVF in Jan 2015.
I have read through many websites regarding lap & dye test show blocked tubes but then "should" follow up with HSG if everything looks fine BUT no dye spills.
I don't know if I'm scared or its fluid?
HSG test have been known to open your tubes a little bit can close after up to 3 months.
So that's what I'm trying to get more info on my tubes my questions answered and a HSG
As I need to make sure everything is ok ready for IVF As I hear if it's gunk in tube sorry TMI it "can" leak into uterus and damage chances with IVF.

Sometimes a "blockage" is not a true blockage!
I have read stories regarding a natural way to help heal scars & open tubes & that's sarrapeptase & red clover.
I'm also a Reiki healer so trying to heal myself.
There is also fertility massage
And Chinese herbs
My questions that didn't get answered & shoved on to IVF clinic as we would have to pay for all treatment from now on.

Demand a Hsg test!!!
Even if you have had Lap & Dye test!!
Found this statement on fertility website.
"Sometimes an HSG is done after a laparoscopy and dye test to confirm that the tubes are open.At the laparoscopy everything may have looked healthy but no dye could be seen entering the tubes. This may have been due to tubal spasm or obstruction. AN HSG may help to clarify the situation"

1) Do my tubes,uterus & ovaries look normal? If so demand HSG test!!
2) Can a period affect outcome?
(I got my period day of lap & dye test.)
3) Show me what exact part is blocked?
As they didn't do this.
4) Is blockage Scar or gunk?
5) Are my fibre normal (fingers collect egg) are they stuck together causing blockage or is it my actual tube at distal ends that is blocked.
Why did I not get any blue dye discharge?? Sorry TMI
If it didn't come out at my distal ends & be absorbed why did i not see any dye in my underwear??
(Maybe they should have used more dye???
What dye water based or oil based how hard did he push it through? I have read oil based is better to "open"
How long did he wait for dye to go through? Did he wait long enough as I I read they can miss a tiny little trickle.... I'm

ALSO.... I FOUND THIS!
Doctors can be wrong!!!
Copied from another website I found....

Anyone that's been told they have blocked tubes please READ this!
Hello Ladies,

This is long but please read. I'd love to hear your thoughts. You will be floored when you read this! I'm a newbie here and would love to make new friends

I just joined this website yesterday. I have had a terrible last 9 months. I want to share my story with all of you so no one else goes through what I did.

November 08-Jan 09 and June 2009-Oct 2009 we tried on our own (There was Feb-May 08 that we couldnt try on our own due to another long story). So basically we had tried around 7 months on our own. 4 of those months were trying really hard (Fertility monitor and 2 rounds of clomid). I was just anxious to get pregnant. We had no real reasons at this point to think we were infertile. I'm the type that wants what I want yesterday, lol.

So anyway.. November 2009 I went to see my OBGYN because we had always been concerned I had ENDO. Basically because alot of my family members had it and I was always worried I had it because of terrible period cramps. With me being 27 I was concerned also. My gyno sent me to a reproductive endocrinoligist (internal referral at the same hospital). I see Dr. A (that's what we will call him even though I want to curse) late November 09. He does a 2 second pelvic exam and tells me he thinks I have endo. ***Keep in mind we already had a sperm analysis before this consult that was 220billion sperm count, decent motility, and low morphology. So I went to see Dr. A with a male factor infertility diagnosis in my head. So I of course start crying when he tells me I have endo. He schedules a laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopy for December 5th. Post surgery he tells me that I have a BILATERAL proximal tubal occlusion meaning both tubes are blocked. He also tells me that I have Stage II endo and that he lasered what he could out. He said it was superficial on both ovaries and behind my rectum. My world is crushed. I am soo sooooo sad. I ask him bedside after surgery if we could schedule an HSG (I had already read all the clinical trials and knew that a abnormal tube finding during LAP/hystero should be followed up with an HSG. HSG should have been done in case I spasmed during surgery OR my lining was thick at the time and covered the tubes. He tells me that an HSG is NOT neccesary in my case because we know they are blocked. I again ask in the post op visit 2 weeks later if we could do an HSG. He again blows me off. I ask him if my tubes look normal from the outside during surgery. He says yes. And I said "so if they aren't hydrosalpinx how do we know they are blocked for sure without doing an HSG?" He says "In your case it could have been a congenital birth defect and they are just BLOCKED" He tells me IVF is our only option to get a baby. So we go on into IVF in Feb/March. Fresh cycle goes great. We get 14 eggs and 6 make it to really great graded embryos. We put 3 in on our 1st IVF with a negative pregnancy test. 2nd IVF is an FET in May 2010 and we again get a negative pregnancy test. He was a terrible IVF doc. He never did any baseline tests on hormones OR lining. I kept asking over and over and was continually treated like one of the cows in the herd. For the first IVF cycle I was on Lupron from Jan 20th to March 10th. WAY too long to be on LUPRON! My poor lil eggs were probabably fried and never had much of a chance even though they fertilized. So anywho.. over the course of our terrible IVF cycles I started getting suspicious and refused to do another fresh cycle with this Dr. A. So I got a second opinion in a town about 80 miles from where I live in July 2010. I go in thinking I'm gonna do IVF with this new doc. we will call new doc Dr. N. Because at this time I still thought my tubes were blocked. I just got a second opinion because I knew Dr. A's methods with IVF were terrible. I take all of my records to Dr. N. He spent about 3 hours with me in a consult. Very nice and thorough. He spent more time with me that day than Dr. A has adding up all the time total I've ever spent with dr. A. So... Dr. N is looking through my records and says "I dont think your tubes are blocked. I see nothing in this operative report that tells me I think your tubes are blocked.". I about fell out of my **** chair. Dr. N continues "In the LAP findings it says your tubes appear normal from the outside but they couldnt get the dye to go through them". He said "there is a 90% chance your tubes arent blocked". So he scheduled an HSG for the 13th and a pending LAP for the 20th depending on HSG results. Here are the results:
Aug 13th 2010-HSG-Normal results. Dye goes through both tubes (so definatley not a proximal blockage). One tube looks slightly suspicious on the distal end so we continue with the scheduled lap
Aug 20th- LAP with Divenchi robot- OPEN TUBES (PRAISE MY ALMIGHTY GOD) and NO ENDOmeteriosis!!

***********I just wanted to share my story on as many boards as possible to help others. Infertility and especially tube blockage is almost NEVER black and white. There are alot of gray areas. And unfortunatley some doctors take advantage of us. Always get a seconds opinion if you question your diagnosis/doctor at all**************

I think this doctor really thought I wiould get pregnant with IVF and would never question him. But his methods for IVF suck! His success rates on the CDC.gov which were released AFTER I had already done the two cycles with him are 15%!!!!!!!!!!

Hey sweetheart - I've been diagnosed with block tubes after a full lapascoropic laser exicision for endometriosis.

They've resutured my ovaries and removed the cysts on them - but look below - I have a two year old son. And it's unlikely my problems were that improved 3 years ago - the medicals were/are gobsmacked he exists.

Although right now I'm struggling with what the diagnosis means, I try and take hope from that - he's here for a reason. I've done it before so I'm damn well going to try my hardest to do it again.

Much love. I have a TTC journal and an endo journal in the secondary infertility section - come stalk us xxx

Well I thought mine were open.. somewhere in the 6 months from my hsg to my operation in June my scar tissue grew and from the outside is blocking my tubes. Two docs and fertility office all said IVF is only way! :(

I had a blocked tube. Massages helped, and the herbs you initially stated are a good way to start.. there are definitely natural ways to clear blockages.

Let us know what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->