New Here :)

AvianasMommy

Mommy to Aviana & Rosalia
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new here! I've been browsing around all day and finally decided to join :D.

Naturally, I have a question!

My AF usually arrives like clock work. LMP was 11/17. A few days ago I had some light bleeding (lasted for two days). I haven't been feeling well at all and have had slight cramping yesterday and today. I took a HPT the other day (on Saturday, almost exactly 2 weeks late) and it was a BFN! I decided to post here bc we are not trying but not preventing either. BFN at two weeks is most likely true, right?

Any similar stories? Sometimes I feel like my secret desire for baby #2 creates the symptoms and the lateness lol.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to offer I would love to hear :).

If you have tested negative 2 weeks after your period was due then you probably didn't ovulate when you usually do. You could have ovulated later and this cycle is going to be longer than normal, and if you have conceived you will test positive later than normal. Ovulations generally occurs 14 days before AF and the variation in cycle length occurs in the first half of the cycle from the start of AF until ov.

The light bleeding could be an implantation bleed in which case it could take 3 or 4 days for a pregnancy test to show positive. It could also mean high oestrogen levels and could be a pre-ovulatory bleed if ovulation has been delayed this cycle. It could also be a mini period because you haven't ovulated at all this cycle.

I know what you mean about symptoms being created by the desire for a baby. I have imagination pregnancies about once every 2 months. I'm breastfeeding and my cycles haven't returned so every time I feel a little sick, or a little crampy I start thinking "I wonder" and that seems to make the symptoms worse and add new ones.

Your not out until AF shows, or until you have a negative pregnancy test 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->