new in this forum..

JLJH

Reaction score
hi :)
i came over from the teen pregnancy forum and thought i'd post my labour :)

My little angel was due on 7th December, but he ended up coming on 26th October. :')
I had a lot of stomach and back pain in the days coming up to the pregnancy, but because it wasn't coming back and going away like contractions we thought nothing of it. But after a couple of days, I had a show. The next day I phoned the hospital and they told me to keep an eye on baby's kicking everything was normal with baby's kicking. Although around 1am the next day, he stopped kicking, i waited until the next day (at about 12pm.) to phone the hospital again, they told me to come in, I was laid on a bed and they put straps over my stomach and found baby's heartbeat and told me to press a button everytime he kicked. They said that I was dehydrated and put me on an I.V drip and asked me to stay in overnight, I had a scan on my kidneys and one was inflamed, and they told me I had an water infection. During the night in hospital, I was moved down to a shared ward, then I stared being sick and was moved back up to the delivery ward. I started having contractions and OH stayed on the phone with me all night, talking me through what to do when I was having a contraction.
Then when I went to the toilet I was passing A LOT of blood, I called the nurse and at 7:30am I was 3cm dilated.
My mum & sister cam into hospital about an hour later and I was having a lot of pain in my leg (we found out later that was due to my stockings being put on wrong..!!) I couldn't have gas and air because i kept vomiting and because of my water infection I couldn't have an epidural.
They put another needle in my arm and it was a morphine type thing and that kicked in every 2 mins but I had to wait 5 to get another dose incase i overdosed. It also stopped me breathing.
And then at 9pm I started going into proper labour, I was screaming and if I'm honest I don't remember much, but according to my birthing partners, but apparently, they took the end of my bed away and all of the blood came out and on to the floor.
But at 9:47pm little Connor Hinton was born.
He had to be checked over, he was taken out of the room straight away and the nurse came in and told us he weighed 5lb9oz. And I thought I'd be home the next day, but Connor had 2 days of medication he had to have, and after those two days were over he was tested three times for jaundice then put under an UV light then the next day he was tested again.
Thats 5 days, and then his weight started to go down, it took three days to get it up to where it needed to be. He left the hospital 5lb, last time he was weighed he was 6lb9oz and he is due to be weighed on wednesday.

This is him a minute after he was born.
newborn.jpg
And this is him today. 5 weeks & 5 days old.
today.jpg

6 weeks early. <3:baby: :blue:

Congratulations on your little man - he's gorgeous.

x

hi :)
i came over from the teen pregnancy forum and thought i'd post my labour :)

My little angel was due on 7th December, but he ended up coming on 26th October. :')
I had a lot of stomach and back pain in the days coming up to the pregnancy, but because it wasn't coming back and going away like contractions we thought nothing of it. But after a couple of days, I had a show. The next day I phoned the hospital and they told me to keep an eye on baby's kicking everything was normal with baby's kicking. Although around 1am the next day, he stopped kicking, i waited until the next day (at about 12pm.) to phone the hospital again, they told me to come in, I was laid on a bed and they put straps over my stomach and found baby's heartbeat and told me to press a button everytime he kicked. They said that I was dehydrated and put me on an I.V drip and asked me to stay in overnight, I had a scan on my kidneys and one was inflamed, and they told me I had an water infection. During the night in hospital, I was moved down to a shared ward, then I stared being sick and was moved back up to the delivery ward. I started having contractions and OH stayed on the phone with me all night, talking me through what to do when I was having a contraction.
Then when I went to the toilet I was passing A LOT of blood, I called the nurse and at 7:30am I was 3cm dilated.
My mum & sister cam into hospital about an hour later and I was having a lot of pain in my leg (we found out later that was due to my stockings being put on wrong..!!) I couldn't have gas and air because i kept vomiting and because of my water infection I couldn't have an epidural.
They put another needle in my arm and it was a morphine type thing and that kicked in every 2 mins but I had to wait 5 to get another dose incase i overdosed. It also stopped me breathing.
And then at 9pm I started going into proper labour, I was screaming and if I'm honest I don't remember much, but according to my birthing partners, but apparently, they took the end of my bed away and all of the blood came out and on to the floor.
But at 9:47pm little Connor Hinton was born.
He had to be checked over, he was taken out of the room straight away and the nurse came in and told us he weighed 5lb9oz. And I thought I'd be home the next day, but Connor had 2 days of medication he had to have, and after those two days were over he was tested three times for jaundice then put under an UV light then the next day he was tested again.
Thats 5 days, and then his weight started to go down, it took three days to get it up to where it needed to be. He left the hospital 5lb, last time he was weighed he was 6lb9oz and he is due to be weighed on wednesday.

This is him a minute after he was born.
View attachment 307176
And this is him today. 5 weeks & 5 days old.
View attachment 307178

6 weeks early. <3:baby: :blue:

huge congrats and what fab weight!!! Ellie was 7 weeks early and weighed 4lbs 3oz and dropped to 3lbs by that night, she was in NICU for 10 weeks shes a little horror now :haha: x

Congratulations! He is precious! :hugs:

awww he`s adorable!! congratulations! Welcome to the world little guy! And welcome to the best section of bnb :hugs: don`t hesitate to ask questions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->