New info about baby rice

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081104/hl_nm/us_rice_infants

Of course they are always coming out with new things, but I thought I'd share with you ladies. I give Erica oatmeal instead of rice anyway since it is more nutritious.

Oh my! Glad I didn't read this before Alexa had rice cereal, I likely would not have given it to her! But she is fine... crazy things they come up with!!

I've read that rice isn't a good first food because it's full of carbs-and the wrong carbs. Carbs that lead to obesity; not those good ones. :rofl:

I've read that rice isn't a good first food because it's full of carbs-and the wrong carbs. Carbs that lead to obesity; not those good ones. :rofl:

Oh My, now we have our babies watching their carb intake? :rofl: for the amount of rice cereal they eat per day I doubt it would matter:dohh: Alexa is heavy, but not from her cereal, it's from my fatty breast milk.

Colton still gets rice cereal for breakfast every morning. He's been getting cereal since 2mo old. But I agree, they hardly eat any. And I'm sure most kids would burn off any fattyness when they start running around! :D

Colton still gets rice cereal for breakfast every morning. He's been getting cereal since 2mo old. But I agree, they hardly eat any. And I'm sure most kids would burn off any fattyness when they start running around! :D

My thoughts exactly!

Hmmm, reading that makes me wonder if that's what Aaron had when we first tried weaning him. He had the reaction to rice cereal and also to jarred foods with rice in them. The doctor had no idea what could have been causing it.

Ah well, it seems like almost everything apart from breast milk has been linked to health concerns now! And obviously they can't have that forever... :rofl:

Ive alwasy fed max oatmeal more tasty and good for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->