New - just need to talk to someone going through similar

leahwhite

Reaction score
Hello to you all,

first of all i am so sorry for any of you going through or had a miscarriage especially if you have ongoing problems, my heart is with you all.

I so far have put a brave face on and not let this get me down, tried to carry on life around all of this, but i need to talk to someone who can help or give me advice.

Excitedly we went for our 12 week scan in November 2010 to be sadly told we had a missed miscarriage and our baby had died at 6 weeks, within 30 minutes we were out of the hospital with 2 leaflets on the options that now lay ahead for us, very confused and almost dreamlike situation.

The next day whilst deciding what to do the bleeding started, i had favoured the natural way although not made any decisions when it seemed my body had, 2 days later the miscarriage hit with a full 6 hours of contractions, unbelievable pain and losses, giving it 2 weeks (on hospitals advice) we then went for scan, still showed remaining clots; again left it 2 weeks to see if would come away naturally. Went back again for scan but still there, so booked in for a D & C for 2 day time, next night had another 2 hour ordeal of losses, clots, blood and pain. Arrived at hospital next day for D & C, told them of what happened and they did scan first; good news I was told ‘everything’s gone’ and your all clear’ signed me off as complete and we were sent home.

2 weeks later still bleeding, thought I had period? But no, bleed for few more weeks on and off and then out of the blue on Christmas day evening I flooded with blood and as I was sorting myself out passed our baby, 6/7” perfect red little curled up on its side baby, very sad.

Called hospital and they ordered me back up there spent boxing day being internally investigated (no scans available), advice was ok you must have passed all now so sent home, booked for scan for 3 days later. Scan showed that there was still live tissues, highly vascular and remaining tissues! They said ‘oh must have missed it’, so kept in. The Consultant said he wanted to try the medical treatment option so that was done, 15 hours later still nothing passed; by morning being exhausted, I was put onto the emergency list for D & C and they carried this out on New Year’s Eve, then signed off and went home to rest!

Bled for 10 days then stopped, on 13th Jan I got my period all seeming normal, but after my period went away I have been bleeding on and off since? I called the hospital on Thursday to ask advice and again they ordered me back up, I had a scan done on Friday with urine sample and internal; The scan showed up what she thought was 2 small 1cm lumps on the inside of my whom, with vascular elements around, she said I am not sure as this scan is not great for showing clearly little elements, but could be 2 polyps? So we waited and waited, a different doctor called us in and she said I have been over all your notes/scans ( and the itinerary I had provided of all that has happened) and I do not think it is polyps but a few remaining patches of bloods, I will prescribe some Antibiotics and let you consultant know, you can start trying again when you’re ready and then we were sent home. A few hours after being home I got a call from the same doctor saying your consultant is not happy and would like you to come back up over the weekend to have bloods done. We went yesterday and they took my bloods, we asked what this could be and no one could give us an answer they just said wait until you hear from us! BUT this is killing me, I am worrying now …… do we try again? What if it is nothing? But what if something more?

Has anyone been in a similar position or could help with some advice – I am fairly level headed and do not freak out normally but this seems so mixed with the advice we have been given I am just not sure what to do and was wondering if anyone had any time to share?

Thank you xxxxx

although i dont feel like i can offer you much advice, i just want to say im so sorry for what you have been through. i couldnt even begin to imagine what you must be feeling.
all i can say is keep your hopes up, it could all be nothing to worry about but i wouldnt try again until you know for definite all the results...just to be safe xx

Hi, such a sad story hun, I know you are still going through it and the pain will last a long time yet. Sometimes its worse when the doc's cant give you an answer so to what was wrong xx hope you find the answers and support you need xx

Welcome and I'm sorry about your loss.

Continue to stay positive and have hope.

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welc.gif :wave:

decided i could not wait to hear from hospital, so i just called, my blood results are all clear, so thats one good piece of news, as for the consultant, his not in today so the nurse has left message for him to call tomorrow - so back to the waiting game ??

Thank you for all the welcomes - has anyone been through a similar thing?? anyone had unclear scan after D & C??

i did ask one question to them today, my partner and i did make love on the 22nd a few days after my period had gone and i had stopped bleeding (as they told us it was ok to try after you have your period) then 2 days later i started bleeding etc to where we are today (which they know) - i asked if the unclear mass they saw on the scan could have poss? been the start of something new (a baby) she said it could be but they cannot tell, my urine sample is negative but my Preg Hormone level is 11.5? i dont know what this means, could it be?? but she said it could be at that level if i have retained products? how does it start? if it is an forming egg on the wall of the whom then could it be what she saw - she told me to do a test next week and in meantime to see if i can get to speak with the consultant???

i am on Antibiotics is this a good thing if it is the starting of something new?? so many questions and worries

Such a difficult time, I can't help you with any answers but wish you all the best. Welcome to the site though xx

seeing the consultant on Thursday - well least should have some answers one way or the other xxxx

Thinking of all of you going through or been through this - hope there is some light at the end soon - never wanted something so much in all my life xxxx

Hello to you all xx

Update:

so just back from the hospital, and not really much the wiser?

Consultant said that with D&C they strip out (blindly) the inner lining of your whom, that means the body needs to repair and re-build the layers back again and this can take at least a month sometimes more, so the irregularities that showed up on the san could just be that parts have re-built and other parts have not yet so instead of a normal (Using that word again) whom which is smooth, a post D&C whom is all bumpy until healed; said that at present there is nothing he can do as we need time to see if it is that or not.

Said he does not think it is polyps as they normally only occur in women late 40's and he would think i am too young (not very common, although not ruling out)

Said the period i said i had on the 13th was not a period in his mind, thinks it was part of the D&C, products coming away and that i have not had my cycle start yet??? i could have sworn it was my period, but who knows anything anymore!! Which means my OH and i have done something too early!

said too early to tell if i am actually pregnant again and if i am they need to monitor me as he feels it is too soon and i may miscarry again, so need to keep testing and if i am to go and see him. If it is not that i am pregnant then need to wait for my cycle to start and then call him, so he can book me in for a scan if still showing problems then to have a Hysteroscopy (camera inside) to see what’s going on and if polyps then remove (as reduces the chances of conception).

SOME MAY FIND THIS HELPFUL OR NOT????

Said that up to 5 years ago the hospitals use to tell patients to wait for at least 3 months after a miscarriage before trying again, but studies were done to see if you could start trying earlier than this; he said that although they have concluded that you can most defiantly conceive within this time and do say you can start either right away or after first period, it does not mean you will carry full term; he said it is the difference between wanting to conceive and wanting a baby? He said if you want a baby then wait and give your body the time it needs to heal?
So very confused, in limbo as to what is going on inside and back to a waiting game!

I hope some of my story may help other if you are going through any of this – and I pray you are not as it is awful, been nearly 6months since all started and we just want to be able to put this little angel(s) (not sure if was twins, one said yes the other no) to rest and try for another xxx

Thinking of you all xxxxx

me again !! can anyone help?? so confused ....

after coming back from seeing consultant we bought a stack of clearblue digitals, tested on Friday the 4th and negative, then over the weekend and Mon/Tue my belly popped out and i started feeling different, so decided to do another test on Wed morning and it came up Pregnant 1-2 weeks. Ok so dont panic !!

Called the consultant, come up to do bloods; next day got results, my levels had risen slightly and nurse said could be a very early pregnancy so can you come back tomorrow to retest as it should double.

been up today for second bloods and after chatting with the nurse again she said your levels are low for a pregnancy so she does think it could be? so when got home did another clearblue test and again positive 1-2 weeks. Consultant called with blood results and said there is hardly any change so he would say i am not pregnant!

I asked how it is poss for one clearblue to be negative last week and now positive and that i feel different he said i dont know but what i think we should now do is leave it two weeks to either see if you have a period or by doing another test to see if still saying positive. Then he will do scan and take from there.

So we are in Limbo?? with nothing but my worst hobby 'Waiting' am i or am i not??

feel so crap, on Wednesday we were so happy (very scared) but happy to think we were pregnant again but now what??? are we ??? or is it a mistake on the clearblue tests (we did the second just to make sure it was not a faulty test)

anyone have anything similar they have been through ?? would be nice to chat with someone as i am so confused and have been left in limbo??

Thanks to you all xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"