New mums for 2013 LTTTC/ thirties?

hippiehappy

Yuri's mamma
Reaction score
Hello, I'm finally 14w1d with number 1 after many years of disappointment and a couple of rounds of IVF. Our wonderbaby is due June 4th, anybody else in a similar situation (LTTTC/ assisted conception/ older mum to be) would like to be bump buddies?
I am requesting specifically LTTTC etc buddies as I believe our feelings might be a little different from those of someone who got lucky straight away at a younger age. Well, I guess you know what I mean if you are in this situation yourself. :flower:
At the moment I feel a little in limbo on here as I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to be as active on the assisted conception threads (don't want to upset people with my good news). On the other hand I feel a little self-conscious and like an under-enthusiastic outsider on standard bump buddy ones.
Anyway, hope somebody will stop by and say hi :kiss:

I am somewhat in the same situation. I am not quite 30 yet (will be in May) and I'm pregnant now after IUI and 17 months TTC. I am only 4 wks 5 days and still really nervous that something bad will happen. I would love to be buddies though!

Hey wristwatch thanks for replying! I know what you mean. I had a bleed at 4w and was convinced I'd lost it. After all we've been through you just feel like you can't relax! Hope all is proceeding well and that your sickness isn't too bad x

Hi there! My situation is different as well, as I am 33 years old and have been trying to conceive on and off for 4 1/2 years. Just got my very 1st BFP ever about a week ago using Femara and am due August 11, 2013. Would love to talk to others in their 30's especially who are just now getting their first BFPs!

Congrats to both of you!!!

I'm feeling quite nervous but trying to just take it easy and have faith it will all be great! :happydance:

Hello Grateful and congratulations! I'm the same age as you and have been trying for around the same amount of time. How many weeks are you?
They say the first trimester is the hardest and though I'm only just out of it myself I found it quite unnerving too like you say. All the vomiting and constantly feeling sick doesn't help either but it will get easier I promise xx

Hello Grateful and congratulations! I'm the same age as you and have been trying for around the same amount of time. How many weeks are you?
They say the first trimester is the hardest and though I'm only just out of it myself I found it quite unnerving too like you say. All the vomiting and constantly feeling sick doesn't help either but it will get easier I promise xx

Thank you!!! I am overjoyed and at the same time, it doesn't even feel real. My whole life I have always had a feeling that I can't have kids. I know that sounds strange, but it has always been just an inside gut feeling. So to get my first BFP was shocking and amazing to say the least!

I am only 5 weeks 3 days....I don't even want to change my status yet. LOL I had my blood drawn yesterday and am hoping to have some kind of reassurance when I get the result in a few days. My first docor appointment isn't until 12 weeks. Seems like forever!!

I haven't had nausea much yet and hoping it will stay away! Mostly just very very tired and sore BB's.

Is this your first?

It is, my very first BFP too! We didn't dare tell anyone till after 8 weeks. Luckily because of having had IVF we got offered a scan at 8 weeks where we saw the heartbeat and they confirmed that there was one in there. Well worth it, if you're nervous it might be worth getting one done privately, it shouldn't cost a fortune. A close friend of mine had 2 miscarriages before her 1st baby and when she was having her little boy she had some early scans at 8, 9 and 10 weeks. Of course if nature wants to take its course it will do so whatever you do, but seeing the heartbeat can be really reassuring. The fear never goes away though, I spoke to my sister who has 2 small children about it she reckons it's something that comes when you first get pregnant and you will take it to your grave. Aah the joys of parenthood :winkwink: xx

May I join I will be 30 in May and we had been TTC 2 years and concieved with IUI. I am still super nervous but feel better now that I have had 2 betas one yesterday and one today and the numbers are progressing well, they were1209 yesterday and 1748 today. I am at about 4 weeks and 6 days today.

Hello Jessi welcome! I love your profile pic it's so sweet!
Great news about BETAs I was really hoping to get some but most places in the Uk don't bother, had to wait till my 8 week scan to confirm anything, very annoying!
Glad to hear all these success stories from LTTTC-ers, it's refreshing after the other forums. Don't get me wrong, they are great but the results aren't always good, sadly!
Keep in touch as to how you get on.

Is anybody having any tests any time soon? X

It is, my very first BFP too! We didn't dare tell anyone till after 8 weeks. Luckily because of having had IVF we got offered a scan at 8 weeks where we saw the heartbeat and they confirmed that there was one in there. Well worth it, if you're nervous it might be worth getting one done privately, it shouldn't cost a fortune. A close friend of mine had 2 miscarriages before her 1st baby and when she was having her little boy she had some early scans at 8, 9 and 10 weeks. Of course if nature wants to take its course it will do so whatever you do, but seeing the heartbeat can be really reassuring. The fear never goes away though, I spoke to my sister who has 2 small children about it she reckons it's something that comes when you first get pregnant and you will take it to your grave. Aah the joys of parenthood :winkwink: xx

So cool that this is your first BFP too. I am going to call the doctor today to see if I can get some numbers from my blood tests and if everything else they checked seemed normal. We are planning on telling our family at Christmas (how can we pass up the timing of Christmas?!) but I will only be 7 weeks so it makes me a bit nervous. I just keep praying for the baby to be healthy and strong.

Hi \O Alittle bit diff situation with myself, I am 37 years old, first pregancy that has lasted this long, I suffered 2 strokes/heart surgery in my early 30's which put off trying for a baby until I was healthy enough to carry, once I got the ok, it took hubby and I one year trying, once we got pregnant I misscarried, this happened 2 more times, then last summer I found out I was pregnant again, around 8 weeks, went in for my first ultrasound to find out that I had an ectopic, and was rushed to the hospitial to have the mexo shot to disolve the pregnacy, but it didn't work, and my tube ruptured at work, and I was rushed to the hospt again to have emerg surgery to remove the RT tube. Pretty much gave up, depression set in and then ta-da ... here we are 14 weeks ... longest I've carried, and I am a nervous wreck :) Due June 10th ... praying our little miraicle holds on :)

Hi \O Alittle bit diff situation with myself, I am 37 years old, first pregancy that has lasted this long, I suffered 2 strokes/heart surgery in my early 30's which put off trying for a baby until I was healthy enough to carry, once I got the ok, it took hubby and I one year trying, once we got pregnant I misscarried, this happened 2 more times, then last summer I found out I was pregnant again, around 8 weeks, went in for my first ultrasound to find out that I had an ectopic, and was rushed to the hospitial to have the mexo shot to disolve the pregnacy, but it didn't work, and my tube ruptured at work, and I was rushed to the hospt again to have emerg surgery to remove the RT tube. Pretty much gave up, depression set in and then ta-da ... here we are 14 weeks ... longest I've carried, and I am a nervous wreck :) Due June 10th ... praying our little miraicle holds on :)

What a lot you have been through!!!! I'm so excited for you :happydance: I don't blame you for being nervous but 14 weeks is GREAT!!! Try to relax and I will be praying along with you that your baby will grow strong in there!

Hey Trinity wow you certainly have been through a lot! Over the moon for you :hugs:
14 weeks is an amazing point, after 12 weeks your chances of carry to full terms are very good, well over 90% I believe. Did they ever find out what caused any previous m/c's?
Sorry about your ectopic too, but amazing news that you conceived after losing a tube. I had no choice but to consent for mine to be separated when they found a hydro in one. They basically said if I didn't get it sorted they wouldn't go ahead with IVF, which was our only hope of conceiving. This makes me very angry but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Looks like I'm only one week ahead of you, yay xx

Kinda nice to hear after 12 weeks the chances of misscarriage dimises :) No the doc's never gave me a reason as to why I have the misscarriages, they just figured the fetus wasn't progressing, something was right with the fetus, and it aborted itself (shrugs) it was heartbreaking, and the ectopic was worse on me ... but I have a loving hubby and fam and friends who helped me get past the lost ... took awhile, but I made it :) Ya, I was worried I wouldn't be able to conceive, but they only took the RT tube, left the ovaries, so I still had my LF tube intact. Yep, you are 1 week ahead, and I am wishing you all the best my dear, my fingers crossed for you ... we'll be yapping together in June about our bundles of joy ...lol \O/

Hello everybody, just thought I'd drop in to wish you and your bumps all a very happy Xmas! I might be quiet for a few days as I'm going away over Xmas.
Best wishes & lots of love to all xx

Hello there just thought I'd stop by to see how everyone is doing? I'm almost 24 weeks now and starting to sleep a bit badly, but otherwise doing very well, so I can cope with that. Also I'm sure the sleep thing is going to get much worse :flower:
Hope everybody is doing ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"