New n need some help

xcandybabyx

Reaction score
Im not TTC as im not charting, or temping but feel im a bit more NTNP.

This is gonna sound really stupid but how do i find out my best days to DTD?

My man and i have decided to come off the pill and ive just had my first normal month, with the witch comming on the 18th.

My man is a little older than me, so i think it may take some time for me to fall, and i guess i know this is kinda trying, but i dont feel like i fit in TTC.

Any help would be most appreciated. Am looking forward to starting this journey with everyone x :) x :kiss::kiss:

Idk, maybe ovulation tests might be an idea,
I know what you mean, I won't feel like I'll fit in @ TTC for a bit :O

The first time my husband and I decided to try for a baby I knew nothing about my cycles and we didn't want the stress of charting etc either so once I came off the pill and had my withdrawal bleed we just dtd every other day to make sure we covered all bases. I fell pregnant that first month.

This time around were trying to do it the same way but I've learnt so much about my cycles and my body since using this site that I'm struggling to stick to ntnp! I'm not charting or anything but I knew what signs to look out for for ovulation and actually did my first ovulation test this morning and got a positive so I'm kinda switching between here and ttc!

Good luck!

X

Aww thanks for your help :) Good Luck to both of you.

I dont really wanna go down the ov sticks, sounds silly but i like the idea of DTD every other day ;) sounds like a good plan to me. I can only hope Im as lucky as you Summersmummy. She is beautiful by the way.

With the ovulation charts online to guess your best days, anyone found them good? Some of the dates differ even when i put in the same info :\

xx

I hope you get your bfp really soon!

I know what you mean about not wanting to use ov tests etc. It was out of total curiosity I took it today and I plan on it being the only time I use one too. We both enjoy just dtd every other day and it worked for us so our theory is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!

I can't help with the online thingys cos I never had regular cycles so I never knew the correct info to put in! A lot of women in the ttc section say that you generally ovulate approx 14 days before your period is due. I think that's prob more accurate if you have a 28 day cycle but you could adjust it slightly if your cycles are slightly longer or shorter.

Xxx

So....Dh and I were using "natural family planning" before this. People call the diff methods rhythm or whatever, but basically, your fertile day should be 14 days before the start of your next period. If you're preventing, you want to avoid intercourse basically the 7-10 days around your most fertile day. Everything else is a "free day." So, basically now that we're NTNP, we just don't avoid. That's actually how my mother conceived me and my aunt got her BFP with my godsister. So when I told them that's what DH and I were doing, they said, "oh yeah, that should work, we just did the exact opposite to get pregnant."

ly how my mother conceived me and my aunt got her BFP with my godsister. So when I told them that's what DH and I were doing, they said, "oh yeah, that should work, we just did the exact opposite to get pregnant."

Wow, you must be close with your Mum and Aunt to talk about that stuff! I never would, lol. :blush:

To me a lot of people on here are TCC a lot more than NTNP, but the term does seem to be different to everyone. I have got pregnant 3 times in the first month of TTC (2 MMC's and then with DS) by DTD every 1-2 days as you are sure you are not missing ovulation but not having to bother with tracking ovulation. If you are NTNP I would say forget about it and do it when you are in the mood. Good luck. :dust:

Wow, you must be close with your Mum and Aunt to talk about that stuff! I never would, lol. :blush:

LOL.. I guess so, though I don't know if we are close as much as they are nosey and volunteer TMI totally unsolicited. I basically told my mom that she would know I was having sex for sure when I showed up pregnant, but that didn't stop her from talking.

LOL.. I guess so, though I don't know if we are close as much as they are nosey and volunteer TMI totally unsolicited. I basically told my mom that she would know I was having sex for sure when I showed up pregnant, but that didn't stop her from talking.

I am in the same boat - I am charting but not using ovulation kits. I am coming off being on BC for 4 years! Good Luck!

I think the every other day method is simplest. I agree with Girlblue that your predicted fertile tie is 14 days before your next period so DC 14 in a 28 day cycle or later in a longer cycle.
Good luck

ive never been good at charting or checking temp. we are just dtd every other day. i figga it will happen when its right. otherwise you can stress your self out and not enjoy the baby making time. good luck

Im not TTC as im not charting, or temping but feel im a bit more NTNP.

This is gonna sound really stupid but how do i find out my best days to DTD?

My man and i have decided to come off the pill and ive just had my first normal month, with the witch comming on the 18th.

My man is a little older than me, so i think it may take some time for me to fall, and i guess i know this is kinda trying, but i dont feel like i fit in TTC.

Any help would be most appreciated. Am looking forward to starting this journey with everyone x :) x :kiss::kiss:

I go with 14th day before AF due as being most possible ov day. As for your man being older than you and that it might take longer, there's 15 years between me and my DH (32 and 47) and I got bfp straight away (not a sticky bean unfortunately) and our son was conceived within 3 months of me coming of bc. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->