New SAHM, meeting new moms?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi everyone

We are due to have our first baby in four weeks. It is our plan for me to be at home with the baby for awhile. This may be a year or more, or even until the kids go to school. We will see how everything goes, financially, as well as how I cope being at home and not at a desk during the day.

I am an accountant by trade, and I don't actually have many mommy friends. Especially not SAHM friends. Either our friends aren't quite to the baby stage in their relationships, or they have a couple of kids already.

I would like to be able to meet new moms, with a baby around the age of our baby. Moms that I can easily relate to with their situation and ours, and share advice and experiences with.

I lived in Australia for ten years (hubby is Australian) and we have just moved to Georgia, USA to live (I was raised here) . In Australia, there are new mom groups where new moms meet up, have play dates, coffee catch ups etc and offer each other support. I can't seem to find anything like that here.

Any advice? Thanks

Maybe find a fb mommy swap and see if any ladies are looking to have play dates. If you lived one state over we could hang out lol

Yeah check Facebook. Just use the search bar and type in "mom" or your town name and mom. You'll definitely find mom groups that way.

I remember meeting new mommies for the first time, my dh was in the military so I needed some sort of way to connect to other mommies, church is a good for that too but if you don't go to church the the mommies groups is great, they have them in most places, just google the mommies network, I met a lot of long lasting friends through my local group in California but they are nationwide, it's a great resource for play dates and advice and more!

I'm uk, but when I became a sahm I didn't have that many mum friends. I did nct (don't know if you have that, it's a private antenatal group basically) and bonded with two mum's to be in there, was great because we met up once a week for ages.
Then I started doing groups, all different kinds, music, baby sensory etc and while I didn't make close friends I was always able to find someone to chat to during class.
Now he's a toddler (I'm still at home with him) I still see the nct ladies, and have quite a few mum's who I can text and meet up with, it's just finding them over the time! Also my friends have had children in that time which is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->