New SMA formula - anyone noticed a difference in babies poops?

SMA poo's are well known for being green because it contains more iron than other brands - and the red follow on milk contains even more so is more likely to cause green poo. Fran always had green poo but it started going reddy brown when she started weaning, but since we have been on follow on it's gone back to green.

Clarabell - Fran's poo was hard to start with but gradually softened over time. Have you tried giving a little cooled boiled water to soften things up? This warm weather might be causing a little dehydration xx

Thanks bigb, I have two cans if it left so it has that long for things to get better or after that I think I will give another brand a try. I have been giving her boiled water for about two weeks. It does seem to help on days she will take it but other days she won't take much at all. Her poo is also greeny in colour :(

It's completely normal for formula fed babies poo to be any colour hun and green is nothing to worry about xx

It took a good couple of months for Fran's poo to become a more mushy consistancy - I hope that things improve for you love. You could also try putting a little freshly squeezed orange juice or some prune juice into the water - it might help xx

All babies are different. Ive noticed that babies constipated on SMA do well on Aptamil. My son was on Aptamil and had very loose stools (and lots of them) yet he is alot better on SMA. Makes sense to me lol x

All babies are different. Ive noticed that babies constipated on SMA do well on Aptamil. My son was on Aptamil and had very loose stools (and lots of them) yet he is alot better on SMA. Makes sense to me lol x

Makes sense to me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->