New Theory after Cytotec failed..

LifeAfterDepo

Reaction score
I took 4 Cytotec pills at once last evening as prescribed. I told told to buy some heavy pads and expect it to be very heavy and cramping.
Friend came over to lay with me and we waited.

Around 4 hours into it I felt a wave of cramps and my stomach felt rock hard. Couple more heavy waves then nothing.

No bleeding. Zilch. Woke up to nothing.

Now I've been spotting for almost three weeks now, that that too has completely stopped. My cervix never felt dilated, maybe it opened a tiny bit but definitely not even 1cm. Yesterday I had brown CM, now its clear with a hint of brown.

I called my OB and left him a message asking for another round of Cytotec and he called me back and this is the new theory.

I started bleeding ~13 days after ovulation (which up until now we all thought was IB). Which would be a late-ish implantation.
So, say I actually implanted on day 6ish and didn't know it. Then something went wrong and I M/C (the bleeding ~13dpo) right before my expected period.

That would explain the low progesterone indicating I'm in a new follicular phase. That would explain the low HCG that is dropping quickly (160-85 in 48 hours).

Of course this is a hypothetical theory, which we will never know when I actually conceived or implanted. However, it does explain the blood levels. And also explains why the Cytotec caused cramping and no bleeding, there may have been nothing to bleed. Especially now that the spotting resolved. So he doesn't feel any more medical intervention is necessary.

He mentioned the phrase "chemical pregnancy" and said he hates to call anything that but with it being so early, catching the hormones at the tail end. It all kind of supports the theory.
I also took one of the new CB digital tests that tell you how far along you are. When I should have been around 5 weeks it said 1-2 weeks, so that put a pit in my stomach from the start, plus the spotting.

Husband comes home in 4 days and I just wanted some concrete physical closure (a period, I guess) to know that it's over with now. I suppose time tells and heals everything...

Anyone experienced a very early miscarriage like this and went on to TTC again?

Full story here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/1998963-best-worst-week-my-life.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->