New to 2nd tri! - Bright orange pee?!

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry for the tmi in this post but I'm 15 weeks and have just been getting over a stomach bug .. was only sick twice but didn't eat much and drank as much water as I could manage!

I noticed today when I wiped after the loo that the tissue was literally bright orange .. I know if your dehydrated your pee goes very dark but when I looked into the toilet it seemed to of settled at the bottom whatever this orange colour is!

I'm not taking any vitamins at the moment due to them making me sick so I know it's not those!

Does this sound like dehydration or an infection or something? Any similar experiences will be great :)

It sounds very much like it could be dehydration especially as you've been sick. My urine is dark in colour as I've been rather sick the closer to the end that I get.

Try drinking some more and see if that helps. However keep an eye out on if your urine is strong or foul smelling, cloudy, if you have a temp or if you have lower back pain or pain when passing urine as these could be sign of a urinary tract infection.

Mine has been quite deeply coloured (though still definitely yellow rather than orange) for many weeks now. My doctor requires a urine sample every time she sees me to check for UTIs, and she's never commented on the colour, so I assume it's normal for pregnancy.

This is literally bright orange and seems worse today so might have to call the docs tomorrow

Have you eaten anything orange that could have changed the colour.

No I haven't .. I'm still not 100% better but trying to drink lots of water see if that makes a difference to the colour

Glad I'm not the only one :)

I'm drinking so much water too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"