New to Baby and Bump!!! Any suggestions!!

HodgePodge

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to baby and bump and am taking cerezette. I am having horrible symptoms from it and have put on a stone in the 6 months that I have been taking it.

Anyway I'm WTC as getting married in December. OH and I discussed stopping taking cerezette due to it's side effects but need short term fix for contraception in the meantime. I have a latex allergy meaning that condoms are a big no no and the only none latex ones OH can't use.

Has anyone heard of Persona as a form of contraception?? And if so what did you think of it??

Thanks

Have you spoken to your GP about your contraception options? The patch might be an option, or switching to a different kind of pill that's more compatible with your body. So many of my friends have switched the initial pill they were prescribed because it made them hyper-hormonal, gain too much weight etc, so there might be one that works better for you out there.

Welcome to BNB by the way! :flower:

Welcome to bnb :kiss:

I was on cerazette for a few months, I came off because I really don't like the idea of such strong drugs inside me.

I use withdrawal, which obviously would'nt reccomend as there is the possibility of getting pregnant(although have used it for 4years with my partner,and no issues)

I think i may also be allergic to condoms as well, had thrush for the past week since using one :cry:

You can get latex free ones though, have you tried them?

Welcome to BnB!

I'm on cerazette and I know what you mean about the weightgain...it's horrible.

I used the persona to get pregnant lol it worked a bliss for me...I think Persona is a great shortterm option if you don't want get anymore hormons in your body.

The patch or the 3 month injection would be other short-term option.

I would go for the persona personally, cause you can use it later to get pregnant. lol

Thanks all for your advice.

I can't use other pills because my mum died in her 50's of a brain haemorrage and therefore makes me high risk for blood pressure issues. Spoke to them at family planning and they basically said that this was my only option other than condoms atm.

I have tried latex free condoms but the ones I can use my OH can't.

Welshwarrior the weight gain is a pain especially as i'm getting married so don't really want to gain anymore and it's ruined my skin and made me so moody. We had thought that the Persona might be useful when we started trying for a baby. So how easy was it to use when you used it???

I thought it was very simple to use. It tells u wat to do every day with a little symbol every morning.
You have to open it (to activate) every morning at the same time.
On red days you better stay away from hubby and on green days you two can have a go. Lol. At the beginning you will have more red than green days, but as soon as the monitor got to know your cycles you will get less red days.

We used it simply to get pregnant and we did it in 4 cycles!!!

I thought it was very simple to use. It tells u wat to do every day with a little symbol every morning.
On red days you better stay away from hubby and on green days you two can have a go. Lol. At the beginning you will have more red than green days, but as soon as the monitor got to know your cycles you will get less red days.

Sounds quite straight forward....OH ordered one before I did my post but thought it was worth asking what other people thought of it. He also thought it might be useful for when we are TTC. When do you start TTC???

im so intrigued, whats this persona? does anyone have a link

I'm really intrigued as well! Oh and welcome to bnb!

Thanks for the welcome.

Persona is basically the opposite of a fertility monitor. It gives you red days when your fertile and green days when your not and therefore good to go. Basically can be used as a natural contraception if you can abstain when it tells you it's a red day. It can also be used as a fertility monitor when you are TCC as you know red days are when you are fertile.
It is also good because it means no chemicals like the pill so I thought it would be useful whilst I am trying to get the pill out of my system and then we can TCC when we feel ready. It's also 30pounds cheaper than the same make fertility monitor.

Sounds quite straight forward....OH ordered one before I did my post but thought it was worth asking what other people thought of it. He also thought it might be useful for when we are TTC. When do you start TTC???

We gonna start to TTC for number 2 end of fb/beginning of march next yr. Gonna start using the persona again some time in November so it get used to my cycle again. :flower:

I think i might get one. im not very good with moods on cerazette x hi welcome to bnb xx

Well keep me posted on how u find it. Although mine will arrive on Thursday OH wants me to finish my pills so could be mid august.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->