New to BBT

Blairxo

Reaction score
Hi! Well, this is my first time trying for a baby (DS was a complete oops haha), and I don't really feel too confident that I'm going to see that BFP next month and thinking I should start charting my BBT, clearly new to it and not too sure exactly what to be doing.

Would I take my BBT at the same time every day and chart it from CD 1 until the end of my cycle? If I do that, what sort of thing would I be looking for in my chart.. when are dips/rises generally expected? Pre-Ovulation, Post-Ovulation, MP?

Sorry if it sounds like a really basic question, I really have no clue. I mean I could chart the temps, but wouldn't really know exactly what I'm looking at/what to look for.

Also, I guess I should buy some OPKs too? Which ones are best? Digital ones with the smiley faces look pretty straight to the point rather than guessing if the line is dark enough for a positive but horribly expensive /: When would you start using OPKs? My cycle is *generally* 25 days, I'm irregular (usually 25-28 days), and MP is 7 days long.. would I start taking an OPK when my MP finishes?

Sorry for asking so much!

Hey hun! You should temp the same time every day before you get up,talk etc. They say vaginally temping is the most accurate.

When I was TTC, I used cheap opk strips and if I thought it looked positive I would dip a digital in the same wee or hold off for a few hours.

Normally your temp will rise on the day of ovulation( confirming O) and then dip again but not as low as pre O. It will stay elevated for awhile then they say a dip again in temp is normally implantation or af on her way. try using fertility friend, you can look it up on Google and then you can enter your temps, cm etc on there. There are a few girls with FF signatures, so look at their charts and you can see what it's all about. After a few months using fertility friend it should give you close to accurate expectations of future cycles.

Good luck hun x

Thank you so much! That helps me out a lot :) I guess I'll wait to see if AF comes, and that very day go buy a BBT thermometer so I can hopefully be a little more on track on what my body is doing next cycle. x

To test vaginally do I put it like as far back as I can? or on the wall? I'm also new to temping

Hi. I'm also new to temping and I'm loving Fertility Friend! It gives you all the info you need, plus interprets your chart so it's bit of a non-brainer!

I bought myself a 4 digit thermometer and just inserted the whole tip. Lol. The reason I say temp vaginally because if you temp orally for example, sleeping with your mouth open can change your temp. I agree ssjad, FF is amazing.

Okay I have a really bad sleep pattern so I just tested in the morning I had been laying down for awhile and my temp was 98.03, I decided to test tonight to see if there is even a difference it was 98.83 so pretty big is that from walking around and what not? I dont plan to test at night only in A.M but I did them both vaginally. Should my temps be the same degree every morning besides O?

Yeah that's a huge jump. If you put it in a chart you will see the jump. Yeah, it would have been from walking around, eating, talking etc. Your temps won't be spot on the same. I'm going to try get one of my charts when I was temping so I can show you.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/index.php?redirect=/m/index.php&_=1406696440138#/m/chart.php

Okay i also dont know if I put it in enough this morning because I was a little weirded out by it lol, but I did for sure tonight. I'll see how tomorrow morning goes!

Sorry the first link didn't work.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/chartgraph_module.php?d=2013-07-22

That was done with a 3 digit thermometer so isn't as accurate

I'm not sure why. Maybe someone who has their charts as their signature can comment so you can see or just keep taking your temps. Are you using fertility friend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->