New to BnB and TTC- partner works away

TTC DH FIFO

Mum to twin boys
Reaction score
Hi there,

I should probably start my introducing myself. My name is Samantha and i'm a 23 year old Nurse living and working in Australia. My partner is 25 and we have been together for almost 7 happy years. We decided 6 months ago that we would start TTC in Oct 2010.. and before we new it, Oct was here. So excited to start trying, but so anxious also..

My partner has worked away for many years and is on an 8 days on/6 days off roster. It just so happened this month that he went away this morning which was Cd 10.. so of course we bd'd before he left.. he wont be back until Cd 17.. I guess i'm just looking for some support from others who are in a similar position to me, with their partner being gone for lengths of time. Or even any success stories? I should probably add that my partner will now be away for this exact time of my cycle for the next 3 months at least :dohh:

So great that forums like this exist! Support is a wonderful thing! Looking forward to meeting some wonderful people through here! :flower:

xox baby dust to all xox

Hi Fifo!

I'm in a sort of similar situation. I live in the UK and my fiance works away. He does rotations of 9 weeks away and 3 weeks at home. It really does make TTC really difficult as once we're out of sync, it's like 6 months before he's actually at home when I'm fertile. I was really hoping to be pregnant this month but the :witch: got me yesterday so I'm now out of the game until April. :cry:

So how are you coping??

xx

thanks for the reply hun, I thought I was the only one out there!

Wow 9 weeks at a time.. that must be rough on you! You must be a very strong woman! i'm really sorry this wasn't your month :( Is there any possibility of your fiance' taking some holiday leave at some point so he is home a bit longer?

My AF was actually 3 days early this cycle.. which is very very unusual for me.. but the good news about that is that my partner will be home days 5-13 of my cycle this month.. so here's to hoping that's enough to get us a BFP.

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->