NEW TO BnB

Strawberry85

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to this site.

I was looking around to see what community I should be joining. Obviously I'm TTC, but I have PCOS and Im Overweight.

I was TTC with my ex we split last year after TTC for 2 years. To no avail.

I have been with my new partner for a while now, and we had some news that my lil sister (20yrs old) is pregnant with her 1st baby, which was unplanned.

It made me think that its about time I TTC again.

Concidering I had problems before and that prior to Sunday night my Partner had probs with ejaculating during bd. I thought it would be good idea me to join this community.

I would love to make new friends who know what im going through, and for some support.

Thanks, nervous as im new to all this now.

Sam xXx

Hi hunni welcome, have u been to the dr's i hope they can get u both refered quickly. XXX

Hi hunni welcome, have u been to the dr's i hope they can get u both refered quickly. XXX

Not yet, I have had problems with my periods but since losing 5st they seem to have regulated a little but I have gained a little weight again. So they got little messed up and they gave me some Norethisterone tablets. I had them for a few days and then came off them as I didnt like the way I was pigging out on them.

Then I had a very heavy AF for a week and then came off normally.

My BF had to have tests in FEB 07 after being kicked in the gonads and he had a high sperm count then. I think tbh its just me who has to get things sorted. He did have probs being anxious about BD'in before sunday where he got confidence and he is fine now.

Im confused on the whole cycle charting and OV.. I dont know when and if I am etc..

Need a little guidance I think

Well done on loosing 5 stone, that's fab. Get a basal body thermometer and take ur temp at the same time each morning upon waking before getting up speaking or drinking, record it on fertilityfriend. Get some OPK and test from CD5 till u know ur cycle, after a few cycles u will have a better idea what's going on. XXX

Well done on loosing 5 stone, that's fab. Get a basal body thermometer and take ur temp at the same time each morning upon waking before getting up speaking or drinking, record it on fertilityfriend. Get some OPK and test from CD5 till u know ur cycle, after a few cycles u will have a better idea what's going on. XXX

Thanks, I have concidered OPK tests cpl yrs ago.. but as I dont have much money spare and im certain the dr's said I prob dont ovulate because of the cysts on my ovaries I have never bothered.

But where can I get the thermometer and how much are they?
Also how do I use it? I must sound stupid.. but Im confused.

Hi Strawberry

I'm in a similar position to in as much as being overweight with PCOS.

Are you on Metformin or anything like that? That was the first thing they did for me, put me on 850mg x2 daily, been on it for about 12 months or so, and thanks to that have been having a regular cycle over the last 3 months. (although it does have some...erm... unpleasant side effects)

I, like you, lost weight still getting nowhere and I have been told that before going to the next stage which is likely to be clomid or IVF I have to do basal and opks.

You can get a thermometer for about a fiver... thats how much my chemist sells them for.

Good luck with your journey, keep us all up to date!" :)

Hi Strawberry

I'm in a similar position to in as much as being overweight with PCOS.

Are you on Metformin or anything like that? That was the first thing they did for me, put me on 850mg x2 daily, been on it for about 12 months or so, and thanks to that have been having a regular cycle over the last 3 months. (although it does have some...erm... unpleasant side effects)

I, like you, lost weight still getting nowhere and I have been told that before going to the next stage which is likely to be clomid or IVF I have to do basal and opks.

You can get a thermometer for about a fiver... thats how much my chemist sells them for.

Good luck with your journey, keep us all up to date!" :)

Hey thanks for your reply, they put me on metformin for a month 18 months back and as I hadnt lost anything on it within 4 weeks they took me off them straight away. I know what side effects it has moms on that for diabetes.

I have just been losing weight weight watchers way.

took you off after only 4 weeks? blimey!

fair play and well done on the 5 stone!

cheers natthecat, I have gained 2 back on now tho. But I am really going to try, brought some multivitamins inc. folic acid from asda last night, also drinking more pure orange juice for my vitamin intake.. every little helps im sure x x x

Hi Strawberry

Welcome to bnb. I'm sure you'll make some new cyber friends in no time. I hope your stay in this section isn't too long.

:hug:

Hiya, I am also overweight with PCOS. Don't believe everything they tell you at the doctors... they told me unless my cycles were less than 35 days, I wouldn't ovulate, but I found different when I charted.

You can buy a BBT thermometer (gives you 2 decimal places instead of just one for accuracy eg. 35.99 instead of 35.9) quite cheap. Sign up to www.fertilityfriend.com and enter your temps everyday. Take them as soon as you wake up (the same time everyday if possible), after at least 3 hours solid sleep. Don't get up, or talk or anything before you temp. Also check your cervical mucus, and if you get watery or egg-white stretchy mucus, you're likely to be approaching ovulation, so you can start using OPK's. When it comes to OPK's, some people with PCOS have raised LH levels all the time (the hormone they detect) so they don't always work... but you can try - they work for me. You can buy them very cheaply on ebay, but I don't rate them. I use clearblue digis, or clearblue normal, which are a little cheaper. You'll probably use a pack of 7 in a month - about £18-£22 but if they tell you when you're going to ovulate, it's worth it. You can always try the cheapies... they may be ok for you. You could ditch them altogether and just BD every other day... :happydance:
The only way you'll know for certain you ovulated, is a temperature rise. Your temps will increase the day after ovulation and stay up until your period comes. The temps don't help you to plan BD'ing, only to confirm OV happened. The OPK's tell you that your body is preparing to OV within 48 hours - but unfortunately doesn't guarantee you actually will. You are 100% best doing all 3 things - temp, check your cm and use OPK's.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need help, and good luck to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->