New to charting - help

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hello.
Can anyone help? I'm new to charting & didn't think I have ovulated the last 2 cycles after a MC in July.
My opk is almost positive pretty sure it will be within 24 hours but my temps seem a bit rocky?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
Temps can go all over the place, which can make it hard to figure out a chart. Based on your temps right now, you haven't O'd yet. If your OPK is almost positive then just keep testing and keep temping. And I'd get in some BD time just in case (if you aren't already) ;)

Once you O you can't confirm until you have 3 (consecutive or almost consecutive) temps that are above the previous 6. Meaning if you were to O today, you would need the next 3-4 days to have 3 of those temps be above the last six days. Your temps have pretty up and down so you may not get quite above the last 6, but that's okay it's not a definite formula because there is a lot that can affect temp.

Sorry I can't give much more feedback than that. It's hard to do without a little more info. All I can say from your chart right now is it doesn't look like you've O'd yet. Can't tell if you are about to from temps. Temps only can confirm O has occurred, and that can only be done 3 days later.

Ah brill thanks for the reply, makes a little more sense now 😄. Will just keep going until I've definitely ovulated.

good luck. :) Post an updated chart in a couple days and we can help you figure out if you did indeed O. :)

Temps can be confusing! I mean they're very helpful in figuring out your cycle, and like Angel said, you can see the temp rise when you O. That being said, I notice that my temps go wonky when I'm sick. Like, I haven't been sleeping well the last few weeks, which has affected the consistency of my temps because they've been all over the place. Good luck!

I am also new to temping and charting, thanks for posting this question I have been learning a lot from the responses. I also have poor sleep cycle, I wake often during the night but I think I am getting into a good rhythm for temping now. I will definitely be posting my chart soon to get some feedback!

I've got a positive opk today so fingers crossed I can't see the temp shift in a few days.

Yes I've learnt a lot on here, the first part of the chart I didn't know the time you take it makes a difference so I've set an alarm now at 5am then go back to sleep lol.

Thanks for the help.

Fertility Friend has a great "course" on charting, it's really helpful! If you havent' done it yet you can do that ot learn a lot too

Well my chart still isn't showing cross hairs does this mean I haven't ovulated?? Thanks.

Got my cross hairs this morning so looks like I'm 3dpo woo. It appears I ovulated 2 days after first positive OPK is that about right?

You can ovulate anywhere from 12-72 hours after you get your positive opk.

Just as a piece of advice. I'm new to temping too but when I first started my temps were very all over the place like yours. Turns out I was sleeping with my mouth open and didn't realize it. I started temping vaginally and it's much more consistent. So I highly recommend trying that seeing if next cycle your temps even out pre o. Hopefully you don't have a next cycle though! Good luck.

Just as a piece of advice. I'm new to temping too but when I first started my temps were very all over the place like yours. Turns out I was sleeping with my mouth open and didn't realize it. I started temping vaginally and it's much more consistent. So I highly recommend trying that seeing if next cycle your temps even out pre o. Hopefully you don't have a next cycle though! Good luck.

Ah thanks for the tip, yes maybe I do sleep with my mouth open too!!

Anyone forget to temp vaginally. I am getting there. I have woken up at the same time both mornings.

Ah thanks for the tip, yes maybe I do sleep with my mouth open too!!

I temp vaginally too because I am also an open-mouthed sleeper. Its not as traumatic or invasive as it sounds!

Got my cross hairs this morning so looks like I'm 3dpo woo. It appears I ovulated 2 days after first positive OPK is that about right?

That's about right. You can O anywhere from the day of the +OPK to 2 or sometimes even 3 days later. Generally the average is 1-2 days after the +OPK

I've never done the vaginal temp. I just can't get there yet. LoL. DH has a hard enough time dealing with everything else I am doing TTC (he really thinks we need to just "let it happen" and not use OPKs or temps or any of that jazz) so I think if I took it one step up and started putting a thermometer down there he'd think I'd gone :wacko: :rofl:

That's about right. You can O anywhere from the day of the +OPK to 2 or sometimes even 3 days later. Generally the average is 1-2 days after the +OPK

I've never done the vaginal temp. I just can't get there yet. LoL. DH has a hard enough time dealing with everything else I am doing TTC (he really thinks we need to just "let it happen" and not use OPKs or temps or any of that jazz) so I think if I took it one step up and started putting a thermometer down there he'd think I'd gone :wacko: :rofl:

I think I have gone wacko. Lol.

Thanks for all the replies ladies! Looks like I'm officially in tww now with everything crossed for a bfp!!

Yes I think my dh would think I'm a bit crackers too 🙈

Sometimes men just don't understand lol

My temps seem to have been less rocky after ovulation. Is this looking ok now anyone spot anything interesting? Not sure what things to be looking out for thank you

Hmmm, post O temps are supposed to be higher than pre-O temps. I'm not sure what to make of your chart. I'm wondering if your body didn't ovulate this month. (It happens to everyone from time to time!) The corpus luteum (which releases the egg) is supposed to produce progesterone which is a heat inducing hormone. That's why the temps post O are supposed to be higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->