New to charting - really confused about temperature drop?

Nosy_Cow

Mum to Angel & Rainbow
Reaction score
I've just starting charting and I'm not very good at it TBH. I keep forgetting to take my temp :dohh: and don't really know what I'm looking for?

Now AF is due Friday BUT I had a very very very very faint positive on a FRER test last night (still not convinced it was actually a positive so I've put it down as negative on my chart) but then I've had a :bfn: on a FRER this morning?? :shrug:

Now I've had a big temperature drop (didn't take it yesterday) since Mon! What's a temp drop actually mean? Should I really take it into account in the short amount of time I've been charting?

My Ovulation Chart

Hey nosy (sorry that sounds rude - haha!). It's hard to read too much into your chart as there is so little data but if you imagine the temps from earlier in the month being lower before ovuation (say, at a guess, below 97.7) and then higher after ovulation (say above 97.7) then it looks as though your temps have dropped back into the pre-ov range and AF is probably on its way. Take this with a massive pinch of salt though because I can't tell where your "coverline" (the imaginary line which divides the pre-ov temps from the post-ov temps) would be so your temp today could still be in the higher range. There are also lots of factors that affect your temp, like taking it at a different time to usual, or sleeping with covers off or with your mouth open. If AF does get you (and I hope it stays away) start again with the temping from CD1 to try and get a full cycle. Its really useful to confirm you are ovulating - although it only tells you after ov has taken place with a temp rise so still use OPKs. Sorry if that's a bit of a ramble. Come and join us in the chartstalkers anonymous thread - plenty of girlies in there who will obsess over your chart with you! xxx

Thanks honey. I hope it is staying away! I thought it would be too early to tell (as in I've only just started charting!) I've printed out one of the bedside note pad's which I'm going to put next to my bed (which is kinda hard because we're currently sleeping in the lounge but hopefully moving back into bedroom at weekend) hopefully this will remind me each morning!

I'll see what happens this month and if AF shows up I'll come and join you! I had a quick look through at some of the charts and was like :wacko: I think I need to start the charting lessons again - I did them ages ago but can't remember anything anymore!

Thanks again honey!

No problem! Maybe sleeping in the lounge is affecting your sleep and therefore your temp too. Would love to see you in the other thread (don't worry you will pick up the charting pretty quickly) but in the nicest possible sense I hope you don't have to join us! x

As B says, really difficult to tell Mands. Great that you've started charting though, I think it'll be really helpful for you. Hope you don't need to continue though! Lots of love and kisses to Chloe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->