New to everything - coming off BCP, TTC and this :)

SarahMelissa

Maxy & Benny's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi all

Thought I would introduce myself and tell my story, figured this was probably the best place to start (not sure as I am new to everything). I am 26 years old (almost 27) and have just stopped taking BCP (trifeme) last month as DH and I would like to start TTC, I took them for 10 years.

Yesterday was the day that I should have had a "period" if I had of still been taking the pill, but nothing yet except for severe stomach cramps yesterday for about an hour and some very slight spotting today, but no AF yet.

I had a blood test the other week to test immunity to Rubella and as I was very borderline the doctor say I needed a booster shot before getting pregnant, but she wont give it to me until I get AF (just to be sure I am definately not already pregnant), we were trying that first month before I found out about the blood test. Anyway once i have the vacination she said you have to wait a month before trying as the vacination contains the live virus :hissy: not happy bout waiting buy anyhow.

Im getting very anxious about whether i am going to return to a normal cycle straight away and get AF in the next day or so. Does anyone else have any experiences regarding coming off BCP after a very long period of time and what I can expect as I have no idea and since i was only 16 when i started them i cant really even remember what my cycle was like, its all very confusing. :confused:

Thanks

ME 26
DH 28
TTC #1

Hi and welcome, I had to do the MMR thing and was told to wait 4 weeks, did alot of reaseach on it and no evidence that it would harm the baby, reaseach into mums being pregnant when receiveing and conceiving within a month show no problems. however in theory it could cause problems as it is a live virus!

Its def better to have it than not and 4 weeks isnt too long to wait, but if you find yourself pregnant after having it then dont worry, you will be fine. But prob best to wait it out as i say its only 4 weeks!

anyway, welcome, i started trying to conceive this month too, so best of luck!

Welcome to BnB! :hi:
No experience with coming off the BCP!
But - I do have experience with the MMR vaccine. I was given the shot when I was freshly pregnant (barely, but still pregnant).. She asked if I was, and I had no idea - so I guess it's good your doctor is looking out for you. But after quite a few panicking moments, as well as near nervous breakdowns regarding what it would do to my baby - these days, that vaccination is much different, and there is no greater of a risk for birth defects having the vaccine, versus not having it! Still the same amount of risks as a completely normal pregnancy!

hello there. i came off the pill the week of cmas. i had been on the pill for years. i was expecting a withdrawel bleed but it never arrived. i didn't get a period either. I did numerous hpt & they were all negative(5 weeks with no bleed). i went to the doctors & had a blood test instead. i was pregnant but with very low hcg,the numbers never doubled. i am now waiting to miscarry.

Thanks for the welcomes and replies ladies :) I finally got AF today, only 2 days later than i would of if i were still on the pill, so i am hoping this means my cycle is pretty much back on track straight away, which is what i was concerned about. So am booked into get the rubella vaccine tomorrow afternoon, so will patiently do the month of waiting (just to be cautious) and then am looking forward to getting into the TTC :)

I also had another quick question if anyone knows, i had some spotting yesterday and then a very small amount of blood (sorry for TMI) late last night around 7.30pm, but more of a constant flow this morning, so does that mean i count yesterday or today as Day 1 of new cycle??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->