New to opk's advice please?

Fire_fly

Reaction score
Hi all, so I took a ovulation test this afternoon after having what started with white sticky cm yesterday to clear watery cm with some stretchy bits(sorry tmi) today along with af style cramps. Myself and my partner are currently ntnp and I have irregular cycles (between 26-35 days) the thing is, I'm only cycle day 9 so figured it should be far too early for any of the above right? Which got me wondering if I'm ovulating early. I know this opk is negative from the instructions, don't regularly use them as we're not officially TTC and never used them when ttc our first, took the relaxed approach.
I don't normally get egg white discharge every month, just a little on some cycles and normally just wet clear cm(sorry tmi again!) Everywhere I've read though, says you should be having that when you ovulate so now I'm worried I'm not actually ovulating, another reason I'm checking this month as we're planning on TTC in the next few months.
Sorry for the essay lol but those with experience using opk's, does this test look like I might be ovulating soon? Thanks! x

Attachments

• IMG_20170127_145830.jpg
    IMG_20170127_145830.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170127_150235.jpg
    IMG_20170127_150235.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 5
No you will not be ovulating soon, that test is very negative. My guess is you already did ovulate or you are right now! You ovulate anywhere from 24-72 hours AFTER you get the positive OPK.

Was that the first test you took? You could have JUST missed the LH surge, like let's say you would've taken that test 6 hours before it could have been blazing positive opk. My OPKs always went straight negative right after I got the positive opk. It's easy to miss the surge and not see the positive opk. You need to take OPKs at the same time everyday, and sometimes twice a day if you don't want to miss seeing the positive.

If you're trying - go have sex! If you had sex during the symptoms you described I'd say you have a good chance of getting pregnant. If you end up not being pregnant this month - start taking ovulation tests a few days after your period ends to be sure you can track it!

No you will not be ovulating soon, that test is very negative. My guess is you already did ovulate or you are right now! You ovulate anywhere from 24-72 hours AFTER you get the positive OPK.

Was that the first test you took? You could have JUST missed the LH surge, like let's say you would've taken that test 6 hours before it could have been blazing positive opk. My OPKs always went straight negative right after I got the positive opk. It's easy to miss the surge and not see the positive opk. You need to take OPKs at the same time everyday, and sometimes twice a day if you don't want to miss seeing the positive.

If you're trying - go have sex! If you had sex during the symptoms you described I'd say you have a good chance of getting pregnant. If you end up not being pregnant this month - start taking ovulation tests a few days after your period ends to be sure you can track it!

Thanks so much, that reply was really helpful. Yeah it was the first one I took. We last had sex 3 days ago on cd6, normally my partner uses withdrawal from cd8-9 onwards because of my irregular cycles but doesn't normally for the first 3 days or so after my af finishes as I don't normally ovulate this early. We are technically planning on TTC in a few months but wouldn't mind if it happened before hence no protection as we know withdrawal doesn't always work. I know, it was was symptoms that made me possibly think I was ovulating but the timing is throwing me off. I've bought a pack of opk's, think I'll do one or two everyday over the next few days and see what happens x

Sounds like you're doing everything right!! You could ovulate later in your cycle - so yes - keep testing! It's really hard to get a hang of those things - at least it was for me!!! But once you see the lines coming and going it starts to make more sense!!!! Very excited for you!!!!!

Sounds like you're doing everything right!! You could ovulate later in your cycle - so yes - keep testing! It's really hard to get a hang of those things - at least it was for me!!! But once you see the lines coming and going it starts to make more sense!!!! Very excited for you!!!!!

Thank you:flower: I think once we do start TTC, I'll be mega stressed with all this line business:haha:
I tested with another opk today which was lighter than yesterday's. Tmi again here but I had jelly like discharge this morning which now seems to have cleared. No idea if this means anything but I'll keep testing and see if af comes in 2 weeks or if the line start to get darker x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->