New to OPKs. Is this positive?

MCabrera

Reaction score
So this is my first month using OPK. I've actually been not trying/not preventing for 10 years for #3. I'm getting upset because all my opks have been negative. This is as close to positive as I've gotten but this is after sitting in the trash for days. I think I was throwing them out too early and when someone suggested I save them for reference, I dug them out. So the first 5 aren't dated and I'm not sure which are which for days 8-12. Negative right?

Attachments

• IMG_3691.JPG
    IMG_3691.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 21
They look as though they were getting there but they don't look quite positive. When are you testing? It's usually better to test from afternoon to evening rather than with fmu.
Do you temp or do anything else to look for ovulation? Do you have a regular cycle or have an idea of when you usually ovulate? Or is it random?

They look as though they were getting there but they don't look quite positive. When are you testing? It's usually better to test from afternoon to evening rather than with fmu.
Do you temp or do anything else to look for ovulation? Do you have a regular cycle or have an idea of when you usually ovulate? Or is it random?
Thanks for answering!
I've been testing every night between 8 and 9. This is my first time using opk but I'm going to try temping also next month. My cycles have always been irregular so I have no clue whatsoever. I have an 11 and 13 year old so I know pregnancy is possible for me, but ten years and nothing. So I'm on Metformin now and it seems to have given me a period 2 months in a row. I just started tracking this month. I started testing on the 8th day of my cycle so I wonder if I could have missed it.

I test morning and late afternoon i have prev had my lh surge in mornig gone in afternoon only happened once but if i hadnt been doing that i would have missed. Usuallly i do get a pos opk for 2 days

I test morning and late afternoon i have prev had my lh surge in mornig gone in afternoon only happened once but if i hadnt been doing that i would have missed. Usuallly i do get a pos opk for 2 days

Well crap. Is it possible my surge could have been super early? AF was was from April 1st to April 4th. I started testing the 8th. Next month I'll have to do twice a day.

I got this today! It's the closest it's been yet and I'm on cd24. Is it possible or am I surging because af is on her way? I. Excited and scared lol

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
How long are your cycles? I O around cd19-cd24 so it's possible to be O.

I'm not sure since I'm just starting to track. But I took another opk today and it's back to light. I'm so confused.

You could be trying to ovulate, then it isn't happening and so causing another surge later on.
Usually you would see best results afternoon and evening, but I test with fmu as well sometimes simply because although the majority of my OPKs have been positive afternoon/evening, on a few occasions they have been positive with fmu as well so it's worth testing a few times each day. I would buy a pack of thirty or something and continue testing each day until you see af (if you don't conceive of course!) so you know you definitely have covered the most you can. OPKs can also be darker close to af and also if you are pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->