New to TCC - advice appreciated :)

TMequals6

Reaction score
Hi.. all new to me is this! I'm 38 and TTC number 2.

So I have a 5 year old already who was planned but I literally came off the pill and 2 weeks later was pregnant. I didn't look at cycles or ovulation etc, I didn't have time to - just came off the pill with the mindset of "seeing how it goes" and hey presto. That was the only time I've ever been pregnant.
I appreciate this is very lucky and know how lucky I am to have my 5 year old ☺

We are now trying got baby number 2 and its been 2 months. I'm obviously a little older now but I'm in fairly good health I think and am very active etc.

I've been reading up on the most common times to get pregnant during the cycle.

Some info sites say it's only during ovulation you can get pregnant but you hear of people literally having unprotected sex once nowhere near ovulation (as in a day or 2.after their period) and they end up pregnant - how so?

Also I got a little obsessed with testing last month. I tested 7 times - one a day in the run up to my period (28th aug).. I have a regular to the day 28 day cycle.

Does folic acid increase the chances of conception too?

Thanks all x

I have been taking folic acid for years only started ttc recently. It's best to time BD leading up to ovulation and during ovulation. When you start to see the egg white cm if you get any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->