New to the site - would love some TTC buddies! :)

B

BellyBumpLove

Hi there! My name is Jade! I'm new to this site and would love to make some friends! :flower:

Hubby and I have been ttc our first bump since October 2010 with one MC at 6 weeks in March 2011 :cry:

Currently we're 2dpo and hoping for a Christmas morning BFP (although knowing myself, I'll start testing sooner then that :winkwink:).

Anyone want to be my TTC buddy? :flow:

Baby dust to all!

Hi there Jade. My name is Meredith, nice to meet you. I am also new to the site and looking for TTC buddies and general support. I am fortyish, have been TTC (my first as well) for just a few months. Very sorry to hear about your MC earlier this year. Hoping for good things for you in the near future...hopefully about 12 days in the near future even!

I am 6 DPO myself, trying to wait another week to test, but like you, I'm sure I won't be able to wait that long.

Would like to be buddies...
Baby Dust Backatcha!

Hi there Jade. My name is Meredith, nice to meet you. I am also new to the site and looking for TTC buddies and general support. I am fortyish, have been TTC (my first as well) for just a few months. Very sorry to hear about your MC earlier this year. Hoping for good things for you in the near future...hopefully about 12 days in the near future even!

I am 6 DPO myself, trying to wait another week to test, but like you, I'm sure I won't be able to wait that long.

Would like to be buddies...
Baby Dust Backatcha!

Yay! My first TTC buddy!!
Hi Meredith! :hugs: Lovely to meet you! :)

Thank you so much, I hope you get your bfp in the very near future as well! Hopefully in the week or so! FX'd! Any symptoms as of yet? (I know 6dpo is still a bit early but ya never know, right?! :thumbup:)

Did you do anything different this cycle then from your others? Also, do you temp? I've been wanting to start, ordered a BBT last month...

As for us - we used preseed for the first time this cycle, I've read so many success stories with it! Hoping to become another success! ;)

Great! So, as for symptoms, it's tough to tell because from what I am reading they overlap so much. That said, I have been having a bit of cramping for a day or so over the weekend, and BB soreness started today. The soreness is pretty much always an AF symptom for me, for about a week before. However, if I have cramping at all it is just the day before for two days or so, so I am still hopeful. (like you said, FX'd!!)

I do not temp, but have the BBT, and if this isn't it I will start next cycle. I do use OPK, and finally got a beautiful dark line last week. That was the first time I got one I was certain about, woohoo! I did not BD one of the days I was hoping to, which was the day after that line, but hopefully those guys were still swimming around from the previous day (several days actually)!!

Do you use OPK? It can be so hard to tell with those, but once I got a definite line there was no doubt about it!

Great! So, as for symptoms, it's tough to tell because from what I am reading they overlap so much. That said, I have been having a bit of cramping for a day or so over the weekend, and BB soreness started today. The soreness is pretty much always an AF symptom for me, for about a week before. However, if I have cramping at all it is just the day before for two days or so, so I am still hopeful. (like you said, FX'd!!)

I do not temp, but have the BBT, and if this isn't it I will start next cycle. I do use OPK, and finally got a beautiful dark line last week. That was the first time I got one I was certain about, woohoo! I did not BD one of the days I was hoping to, which was the day after that line, but hopefully those guys were still swimming around from the previous day (several days actually)!!

Do you use OPK? It can be so hard to tell with those, but once I got a definite line there was no doubt about it!

Well let's hope neither of us will need to start temping then since we'll both be getting our bfp this cycle, right?! :winkwink:
Yep, I use OPKs, this is the third cycle doing it. I have to admit it's almost as fun to to see those two lines pop up as it is to take a hpt lol. What brand OPK are you using?

I have been using off brands of opk, like Target and Walgreen's. Do you have a recommendation? They can be expensive, and when the time gets close I have been testing twice a day...afraid to miss something! Is that excessive?

With my current symptoms, I am a bit less hopeful. Sure feels like af coming. The clincher is that I am so emotional right now. Anytime I have felt like this it has been followed within a couple days by af. So I will just wait and see.

I have been using off brands of opk, like Target and Walgreen's. Do you have a recommendation? They can be expensive, and when the time gets close I have been testing twice a day...afraid to miss something! Is that excessive?

With my current symptoms, I am a bit less hopeful. Sure feels like af coming. The clincher is that I am so emotional right now. Anytime I have felt like this it has been followed within a couple days by af. So I will just wait and see.

I've been using the dollar tree opk and the wondfo internet cheapies (off Amazon). Those are great because you can get a pack of 40 tests for like $10.
Twice a day wont seem excessive once you hear my testing routine lol
I test once a day starting CD8. When it starts to get dark I go to testing 3x a day (yup, three! :haha:) - at noon, again at 5pm and before I go to bed around 10-11pm from CD11 through the day after I get my positive. Then I'll go back to one a day until CD16ish....I know, POAS much?! :rofl:

still new to all the abbrv. so what is dpo? all i knw is i go to the doc fri they will test me to see if i OV . you see i took clomid and then had to have a Ovidryl shot to start my OV....

i really dont know about all the calculating either thats why i was hopin to get a buddy to give me some knowledge.....

i really dont know about all the calculating either thats why i was hopin to get a buddy to give me some knowledge.....

No worries! It took my lots of stalking and googling all the abbr. i've seen on these forums! dpo = day past ovulation.

I was going by your siggy and the Dec. 8th date saying ovulation but you said you'll find out Friday, then, if (or when) you ovulated?
I've heard of lots of success storied with clomid, btw!

:dohh:thanks soo much..... so im possible 6DPO ok ... gotcha... yeah i go friday morning! I am PRETTY positive i OV it was painful BD!!! i have been cramping something aweful PRAYIN it not AF

:dohh:thanks soo much..... so im possible 6DPO ok ... gotcha... yeah i go friday morning! I am PRETTY positive i OV it was painful BD!!! i have been cramping something aweful PRAYIN it not AF

Fingers crossed you are in fact 6dpo because that cramping could possibly be implantation cramping!! What day do you expect AF (aunt flo)?

FX I expect AF around 23-26 ... AF just come on her own last month for the first time in a LONG time sooo im not sure if she will be early or on time or late:wacko:
STAY AWAY STAY AWAY AF :haha:

is there a way to save this page bc if i go out and look at other things its hard for me to find this posting again.... thats why i am responding to you on the personal messages . sorry

is there a way to save this page bc if i go out and look at other things its hard for me to find this posting again.... thats why i am responding to you on the personal messages . sorry

No worries! :)
As for saving pages - If you go to the top of the thread and click on "thread tools" and hit "subscribe to this thread", you'll then be able to find the thread when you go to your "user CP" which is at the very top of your page in the right hand side near the log out button! (I hope that made sense!)

Hi there Wantblessing, welcome!

Jade, I am doing fine, hoping all is well with you. Thanks for sharing that about your poas schedule. As I said I am very new, so I don't have that much of a definite routine, but if this isn't it I am going to get more serious about it. I will switch to the dollar store opk's, so I won't feel so bad testing so often!

Also, I am wondering...you asked me about preseed. I thought that it was just if you needed lube that was the only safe kind to use while trying to conceive, but from what I am reading on here it seems to be more than that. is it also helpful with cm in general? And what is this about green tea, mucinex, and am I missing anything?

This is so strange for me, I spent so long trying to prevent conception, I am really surprised to find when I am intentionally trying to make it happen, it is not so easy!

Hi there Wantblessing, welcome!

Jade, I am doing fine, hoping all is well with you. Thanks for sharing that about your poas schedule. As I said I am very new, so I don't have that much of a definite routine, but if this isn't it I am going to get more serious about it. I will switch to the dollar store opk's, so I won't feel so bad testing so often!

Also, I am wondering...you asked me about preseed. I thought that it was just if you needed lube that was the only safe kind to use while trying to conceive, but from what I am reading on here it seems to be more than that. is it also helpful with cm in general? And what is this about green tea, mucinex, and am I missing anything?

This is so strange for me, I spent so long trying to prevent conception, I am really surprised to find when I am intentionally trying to make it happen, it is not so easy!

Glad to hear you're well!
As for the preseed, yes, it's supposed to help create a ewcm type atmosphere and it also a plant-based arabinogalactan for antioxidant support (that last part I copy and pasted from the preseed website hehe)
I have two friends now that got preggers the first month using it when they had both been trying for quite some time. So FX'd!!
And I completely know what you mean about that last part, it's funny how it's been put into our head from a young age that sex even just once unprotected will get you knocked up guaranteed, and I call BS :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->