New to this! Advice required.

JenJen79

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm completely new to this and am considering using reusable nappies. I have found the following for sale of e-bay close to where I live:

New (but washed) Bambineo (Bambino Meo) nappies
Pack contains:-
15 size 2 nappies in mint green and cream (Some colour varies from washing)
3 size 1 and 2 size 2 white waterproof covers
19 booster inserts
Laundry bag
Half a roll of disposable nappy liners
Original box and instructions.

Apparently size 2 can be used from newborn by wrapping the nappy a different way.

Is there anything else I would need to buy to 'build' the nappies up? Do you think this is a kit worth going for?

Any advice much appreciated!!!

I've no experiance with Bambino Mios honey, but i understand they're a prefold system where you have a cover and a square of fabric that you fold and hold together with the wrap.

To me they don't sound like the easiest of nappy systems to get your hear around.

How much is the kit going for, if its cheap it might be enough to get you started.

if you want more info on the sort of nappies available there a guide at the top of this section (also linked in my siggy) that will help you. Any more Q's though feel free to ask!

Thanks Littlestar! The nappies are currently on at £40 which seemed quite good to me (as I can claim back £25 from the council) but I don't really have anything to compare against. I'll do some more investigation :hugs:

hi,

I started out with mios and they're okay. I liked them as a, what i call, 'home' nappy. They need changing far too often for my liking and are a bit of a faff folding. If you watch ebay Mios go really cheap these days, i think this is partly because high street store sell them (boots, wilkinsons etc) i don't think it was all that long ago a woman got the starter set for 99p after stalking ebay for a couple of weeks. HTHs :flower:

ETA; oooo i never knew mios did coloured prefolds i thought they were all white!

I'm still researching what nappies would be best for us so don't know much about the different types, but if you're looking at prefolds then I found a site earlier in the week that might be an option for you - I can't post links as I don't have 10 posts yet, but if you google Eco Nappy Buc-Kit, the first site should be the one with the offer - there's 18 nappies and 4 wraps in the kit as well as liners, wipes and a nappy bin which I thought was pretty good value for £50!

Thanks very much for your help! :thumbup: I'll take a look at that site.

Cheers

Jen

Prefolds are ok but they arent easy when baba gets bigger trust me!! I have a load thats just sat here and dont get used anymore coz logans a lil wriggler!! They would be good for a newborn but once they get older not so good!! I think it all depends on your needs hun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->