New to this forum :)

MommytoBryson

Mom of 1; TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi, ladies! This is my first time visiting the weight loss forum. I have been using the TTC and toddler forums for about a month now. Here is my story...

I have a 16 month old, and I am still hanging onto 25 lbs of my pregnancy weight. I was very healthy and at a skinny weight before I got pregnant, but I made the mistake of eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted during my pregnancy. I gained 57 lbs (yikes) during my pregnancy, lost 32 right away, and have been hanging onto the rest since then.

I have tried Weight Watchers (on and off), the hcg diet, some weird cabbage soup diet, and so many more diets I can't even remember. I know the only way I'm going to get this extra weight off is by eating healthy and exercising. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time! :(

I look in the mirror and I honestly feel so disgusted. I feel embarrassed for my hubby to even half to go out in public with me. I hate shopping for clothes. I know happiness doesn't and shouldn't come from looks, but every time I turn on the tv, I see stick-thin girls, and it makes me feel horrible about myself!

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this forum. I am TTC #2 right now, but not sure if I should wait until I get these last 25 lbs off. What do you guys think? It took my hubby and I 3-4 years to get pregnant with our son. We started TTC #2 seven months ago, so there's no telling how much longer it could take. Is it safe to TTC while exercising and eating less? I would hate to stop TTC because, like I said, we have such a hard time conceiving anyways! I appreciate any replies, suggestions, and advice! :)

Hiya, I know its so hard isnt it!! My lo is nearly 7 months and I have pretty much lost all my weight, I had put on over 3 stone and I couldnt lose the rest myself so I joined slimming world about 5 weeks and have found it great although I am constantly craving chocolate so it really is a daily battle not to give in and binge, although I did on Tues night after my weigh in, so bad!!!!!

I too am also hoping to get pregnant again pretty soon as I am 34 and really dont want to be waiting much longer, so hoping to get this weight off before Christmas and then start ttc after Christmas!!

I think it would still be ok to eat healthily and exercise while you are still ttc as you say it could take months and in that case you will be losing weight and if it happens quicker than that well then you can worry about it after you have your new baby!!

It can be done, I lost eleven pound in the 6 weeks in slimming world although I have seem to hit a plateau at the minute but I am pretty chuffed with how it is going!!!

Hiya, I know its so hard isnt it!! My lo is nearly 7 months and I have pretty much lost all my weight, I had put on over 3 stone and I couldnt lose the rest myself so I joined slimming world about 5 weeks and have found it great although I am constantly craving chocolate so it really is a daily battle not to give in and binge, although I did on Tues night after my weigh in, so bad!!!!!

I too am also hoping to get pregnant again pretty soon as I am 34 and really dont want to be waiting much longer, so hoping to get this weight off before Christmas and then start ttc after Christmas!!

I think it would still be ok to eat healthily and exercise while you are still ttc as you say it could take months and in that case you will be losing weight and if it happens quicker than that well then you can worry about it after you have your new baby!!

It can be done, I lost eleven pound in the 6 weeks in slimming world although I have seem to hit a plateau at the minute but I am pretty chuffed with how it is going!!!

thank you so much! Wow! That is awesome that you lost it!! Great job! :) That is inspiring me to want to work harder to lose the rest of mine! I like your idea about getting the weight off before Christmas and TTC after Christmas. I might do that, as well! I have definitely learned a lesson! With my next pregnancy, I am going to eat healthy and stay as active as I can!! You will get over your plateau! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->