• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

New to this game, have boyf who works away and think not ovulating. Help!

leopard80

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a little clueless to all this - I miscarried about 2 months ago, a pregnancy that was not planned and was a wonderful surprise. Until that time the thought of having a child had been a million miles away. Now since we are so keen to get pregnant ASAP.

I have a few queries.
1. I'm doing my temperature. I had my first period 6 weeks after my natural miscarriage. I'm now on day 19 on my way to my second period and I don't think I've ovulated during either cycle. I'm so worried and confused!
2. See above - I have also been using ovulation tests so I'm pretty sure-ish of this.
3. My periods have never been 6 weeks long! Is this normal after a miscarriage
4. If my periods are this long, and I am not ovulating during every cycle this dramatically affects the opportunity to conceive. Added to this problem my boyfriend works away sometimes for weeks at a time. Anyone have this problem? Advice?
5. Taking into account all of the above.... should i consult my doctor? Does any of the above sound strange / worrying? Can my doctor help me make my cycles shorter to give us more opportunity for ovulation and hope that he's actually here when it happens?

ALL advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

x

Hi I'm sorry I don't have alot of advise about oh working away,
Do you have a bbt chart I could look at are you doing your opk's every day at the same time? Some people do ovulate late it does take a little while to get to know and understand your cycles.
I'm so sorry about your miscarriage I'm not sure how much that may of temperarely altered your hormones making you ovulate a little later

If you do have a chart and some info on when you took your opk's I may be able to help a little. :hugs: good luck

A m/c can mess up your cycles for a couple months. After my 1st one, I think it took 3 months b/4 it was back to normal. After my last one, last month, I ovulated 16 days after the m/c. I think it just varies from woman to woman and m/c to m/c (all 3 of my m/c's have been different)

Ovulation: it might be that you have a short surge and are missing it. My surge is only about 10 hours, so i have to test 3x's a day to catch it. If you are charting, you should be able to tell if you've ovulated by the rise in your temps over 3 days.

My b/f is gone a lot too. Before my last m/c (which was last month) my cycle was really regular. I usually o'd on CD12. So we just planned to try to be together on CD11. That would cover us if I o'd on the 12th or 13th. (it's best to bd the day b/4 you get a positvie OPK to get pregnant bc the sperm need time inside...forgot why...but it's best to have them waiting for the egg)

Good luck. It's really hard when partner isn't there all the time, but if you can find a pattern in your cycle it makes it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"