New to this... Need some advice! FYI it's a long post!

amless326

Reaction score
This is long so ill apologize first hand! I think this is the right place to post. I haven't had confirmation from a dr yet but I've had 3 positive frers and a ton of symptoms. I had what I thought at the time my period 3 days early on the 2nd. I spotted for a day then I bled slightly heavy (it was brown, sorry tmi!) for about 1/2 a day... Barely filled a tampon then spotted another day. I woke up on Sunday on the 8th... Thinkin something was off and I was feeling weird. Took a frer and it turned positive in about 20 secs. Haha. I was in shock... We werent trying at all to get pregnant. I've had trouble in the past with my ex with getting pregnant so when we didnt use protection 2 times last month I wasn't concerned. Don't gety wrong I'm happy! I spent over a year ttc with my ex thinking there was something worth with me I even had the dr tell me my hormones were off and that I'd have to lose 50 lbs before she would put me on Clomid.So i lost about 35 So maybe that did the trick, idk.

Anyway... After 2 positive frers I called the dr to schedule an apt. She asked me to take a digital test.... Which came up not pregnant. I didnt use fmu but I did hold it for a few hrs. That concerned me so I took another frer from a different box and it was faintly positive and the line was pink within a minute. I called back and she told me I had a chemical pregnancy and that I should've gotten a positive on the clearblue digital if I was really pregnant. ( this lady is not even a nurse btw) :mad: that irritated me. If I had a chemical wouldn't I have more bleeding? I assumed that brown blood was implantation. And every frer I take is positive. I just want confirmation from a dr but they won't even let me make an apt... And the second office I called wants a $500 deposit! Which I don't have at the min. The free clinic only does a urine test and they won't do an ultrasound until 10 weeks. I don't want to wait that long to confirm this! So I'm stressed... Bc of that and I'm also unconvinced I'm pregnant until a dr tells me. My bf doesn't believe it either. As of right now I'm confused about this whole process.. I read a positive is a positive and that you bleed after a chemical. Ill list my symptoms and finally end this post. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Light cramping kinda like af and a slight backache
White sticky cm
Moody
Headaches
Light headed/ nausea

This is long so ill apologize first hand! I think this is the right place to post. I haven't had confirmation from a dr yet but I've had 3 positive frers and a ton of symptoms. I had what I thought at the time my period 3 days early on the 2nd. I spotted for a day then I bled slightly heavy (it was brown, sorry tmi!) for about 1/2 a day... Barely filled a tampon then spotted another day. I woke up on Sunday on the 8th... Thinkin something was off and I was feeling weird. Took a frer and it turned positive in about 20 secs. Haha. I was in shock... We werent trying at all to get pregnant. I've had trouble in the past with my ex with getting pregnant so when we didnt use protection 2 times last month I wasn't concerned. Don't gety wrong I'm happy! I spent over a year ttc with my ex thinking there was something worth with me I even had the dr tell me my hormones were off and that I'd have to lose 50 lbs before she would put me on Clomid.So i lost about 35 So maybe that did the trick, idk.

Anyway... After 2 positive frers I called the dr to schedule an apt. She asked me to take a digital test.... Which came up not pregnant. I didnt use fmu but I did hold it for a few hrs. That concerned me so I took another frer from a different box and it was faintly positive and the line was pink within a minute. I called back and she told me I had a chemical pregnancy and that I should've gotten a positive on the clearblue digital if I was really pregnant. ( this lady is not even a nurse btw) :mad: that irritated me. If I had a chemical wouldn't I have more bleeding? I assumed that brown blood was implantation. And every frer I take is positive. I just want confirmation from a dr but they won't even let me make an apt... And the second office I called wants a $500 deposit! Which I don't have at the min. The free clinic only does a urine test and they won't do an ultrasound until 10 weeks. I don't want to wait that long to confirm this! So I'm stressed... Bc of that and I'm also unconvinced I'm pregnant until a dr tells me. My bf doesn't believe it either. As of right now I'm confused about this whole process.. I read a positive is a positive and that you bleed after a chemical. Ill list my symptoms and finally end this post. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Light cramping kinda like af and a slight backache
White sticky cm
Moody
Headaches
Light headed/ nausea

I would wait until you are completely passed AF, take a digi with your FMU and if that still comes negative tell them you must come in as you never got your AF.

ETA: The hormone doubles every two days, I would wait two more days before testing :)

Because of your spotting/bleed I would wait another week and test again, the main thing to remember is that your hormones double every 48hrs. So leaving it a week would firstly see if your actual AF will show and secondly it would give your hormones a chance to develop.

In the UK we dont get ultrasounds until the 12th week on the NHS and this is the scan most people wait on. So waiting till 10 weeks isnt really that bad, you dont really see much in the scans to begin with and then people often question if there is a viable pregnancy (the ones that scan early)- again time is the only thing that will be able to give you the best answer.

Your symptoms could be hormone related due to the fact you are expecting your AF, they could be symptoms that you are pregnant and can also be symptoms of a chemical. Unfortunately nothing with pregnancy is black and white and varies so much from woman to woman...

I would how ever as you to keep us updated on your progress and let us know the outcome of the next digi you do. Try to relax xxx

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I would wait two days, test again with a digital. If its negative give it a week and test with a strip if its negative it may have been a chemical with the hormones still leaving your body. I think at this point only time will tell, a scan wouldn't tell you much x

Those digital ones are crap for detecting early pregnancy, they don't catch the lower hcg levels.
I had several positive FR preg tests and peed on a CBDigital and it said "not pregnant!". My urine was apparently just too dilute cuz I tried later and it came up positive.
Just keep testing daily and don't let a receptionist give you medical advice. The fact that you had some bleeding makes it possible? I'd test in a week (if you had a chemical there'd be leftover HCG in your system that takes time to get rid of) and see what it shows.

Thanks ladies for the great advice! I do plan on testing next week with another frer and digital. I haven't been keepin track of ovulation so it's kinda hard to know when I ovulated and when I'm due to ovulate again. My bf said the same thing about waiting for my next af to kind of confirm this... He is just as shocked as me and we are both kind of in denial. It's a fairly new relationship ... 5 months :( but we were already talking about moving in with each other next month before this happened. He is being supportive but he doesn't fully understand that I might actually be pregnant... And isn't understanding that I still need to take the proper procautions as if I am pregnant... Vitamins, no sushi, no alcohol.. That kinda thing. One thing that pissed me off was that he told his family I had a few positive tests... I really really wanted him to wait until I was in my 2nd trimester. I hate giving false hope :( they were excited... Ill keep ya guys updated.

:haha: I think I'd be pissed if my DH spilled the beans before I gave the ok.
But good luck :) you might get a positive in a couple days.

:haha: I think I'd be pissed if my DH spilled the beans before I gave the ok.
But good luck :) you might get a positive in a couple days.

Uh yeah... He asked if he could tell his mom ... I said I wasn't comfortable and he did it anyway when she was over and I was in be room going wtf are you doing? His whole family knew I had some positives within 30 mins. No joke. :huh:

That's terrible. I would have gone mental! We decided to tell our parents on the same day and swore them to secrecy, so far so good that was 7 weeks ago. We have told a few family members abd very close friends since but again asked them not to say anything ... Maybe he felt he needed someone to turn to.xxx

i went to the emergency room. i told them i was having some major abdominal pains and they did everything test std test ultrasound EVERYTHING right then and there. they were able to tell me how far along i was and make sure baby was in the uterus and not a tubal. i really wasnt having that much pain but i played the role because i wanted to know and my doctors appointment was a couple weeks away

I was going to say go to ER and tell them you are bleeding. I didn't have mine confirmed by a doctor but I was bleeding, so they confirmed and everything was good.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/cdfs7c9ir/][img]https://s21.postimg.org/cdfs7c9ir/photo.jpg[/url][/IMG]

Well, I'm finally convinced. I took this at 11pm tonight..without holding my pee or anything. I just did it. I thought.. hey if im really 5-6 weeks pregnant it should be a definite positive right? Guess I got my answer. :) Now I just gotta make it to the second trimester... Going to the clinic next week during my vacation!

amless326; Thats a very loud and clear BFP!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy xxx

Nini0914

You do realise that someone may of needed an emergency appointment for an ectopic or m/c desperately & you so happened to " play the roll " & " wasn't In much pain " that you took that women's place just because your doctor's appointment was a few weeks away!!! Speaking from a woman that's had multiple m/c & ruptured ectopic I find It totally disgusting & Irresponsible..... Should be ashamed of yourself lady!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->