New to this part of BnB

L

LilMiss_91

Hey everyone, just thought I should introduce myself.
I'm 21, expecting my first child on the 7th July. This pregnancy was/wasn't planned (a time of much confusion, mixed signals and irresponsibility I'm ashamed to say). It's been a rocky road in terms of my relationship with my partner, especially for the first month and the last month or so.
All in all, I've been having trouble bonding at all with this baby which I feel horrible for. Everyone on here has been so much help though, especially in Second Tri :).
I don't really feel pregnant right now, and haven't done for most of my pregnancy, despite having had the first scan, feeling baby kicking and having almost non-stop morning sickness since 7wks :S. Now I'm getting myself worked up over the gender of the baby. I never thought gender would be an issue for me, I was always so determined that when I fell pregnant I would just be so happy and over the moon that gender wouldn't even cross my mind. But nothing about being pregnant has been what I expected and hoped for. My OH wanted a boy to begin with but now says he doesn't mind. At first I didn't care, but had an inkling it would be a boy. As time went on though I got less and less sure. But now I'm actually hoping and praying for a pink bump so badly that I'm convinced it will be a boy! I kind of think that my OH wanting it to be a boy so early on has made me kind of subconsciously protective over it in a way, just in case it is a girl... but that's made me WANT a girl. Does that even make sense?
It also doesn't help that I have 4 (soon to be 5) nephews and only 1 niece. And while I love them all to pieces it would just make such a nice change to be able to go out and buy some girly things as well rather than JUST blueblueblue all the time. I'm mainly worried that if it does turn out to be a boy that I'm just going to find bonding with it even harder than I already am.
I have my scan on the 22nd Feb and the closer it gets the more I'm dreading finding out the gender in case I'm extremely disapointed if it's a boy.

:hugs: I feel the same as you! I really want a girl. I keep trying to convince myself it's probably another boy but I can't help wishing for a pink bundle! I hope that you get the news you want on Friday xx

Hey I'm also in the trying to convince myself it's a boy but hoping for a girl. Lots of boys in both our families, hardly any girls, do I don't think that helps.

Just wondering if you found out what the sex of your baby is?

:hugs: You are in good company.

I saw in another thread it's a boy. CONGRATS!!!!! I felt so disappointed with my son, but I love him so SO much and thrilled he is a boy! I just couldn't possibly imagine any other way, and would love more boys. As for clothes, I find so many cute clothes. We are from the south, so we like the western wear, and he looks so darling in jeans and button up shirt, boots, hat, and his belt! Daddy is so proud (and hoping for a bull rider....over my dead body!!! :haha:)

Hi, sorry I didn't update. Had a few issues lately so haven't been posting at all. Jennifer's right, I'm officially team blue. I was shocked (was convinced it was a girl) and disappointed for a few days but now that I've gotten used to it I'm very happy to be having a little blue baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->