New to this world, please help....

adisonsmommy

Reaction score
so... I'm very new to the opk world.. have a 3 year old daughter and been ttc for the past 18 months, battling mild pcos, I'm a bit overweight...:blush: and we've been fighting this for awhile now, so I thought we'd try opk's. I know that I conceived my daughter very early in my cycle, like the last day of my menstrual cycle, I have messed up cycles that are just starting to become somewhat regular, so it's cd 4 and I'm already getting a line that's about 1/3 as dark as the control line, my question is, with a decent line already should I continue to test each day or every other? I'm a bit lost in this world. I got a :bfp: with my daughter only 7 days after I conceived her. So the fact that this is so hard is becoming more and more frustrating, any helpful advice you have is greatly welcomed, I know weight is a big issue, but we're working on it, I've lost 15 lbs and have ALOT more to go but it's a work in progress, but, I know that bigger girls become mothers all the time. Thanks in advance

Just a question first, has your doc said OPKs are ok for you with the mild PCOS?

He told us to try them for a few cycles to see how many positives we get to see if my pcos is keeping my lh elevated or not, he said its basically a 50/50 shot if it will or not, he said some ppl with pcos can use opks and some can not so we'll see i guess, just getting stressed

He told us to try them for a few cycles to see how many positives we get to see if my pcos is keeping my lh elevated or not, he said its basically a 50/50 shot if it will or not, he said some ppl with pcos can use opks and some can not so we'll see i guess, just getting stressed

Don't stress yet! I would actually test twice a day until you get a feel for your body. Just buy them in bulk on the internet and the cost isn't too bad.

Good luck!

I can test on day 1 or day 29 and still get pretty decent lines. They definitely get darker as I get near mid-cycle. I think with irregular cycles you are best off testing daily (or twice a day). Tape the strips to a piece of paper and mark the date and time next to it. Then, at the end of the month, look to see if there is any obvious surge. It would be a good thing to show your doc as well. And I would use them all month, not just until you get a positive.

thanks ladies, looking forward to this next chapter in our ttc life

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->