New to TTC and new to OPKs...help

MommynWaiting

Reaction score
I've read the directions and I *think* I understand them, but reading them is another story. I went off birth control pills 6+ weeks ago. I had a weird first cycle (later than a regular cycle). So based on my last cycle, I am on day 14 of my cycle and I started using these tests yesterday. Yesterday, the test line was a smidge, and I mean a smidge lighter than the control line but today it's lighter. Does this mean I could have missed it and should you be taking more than one a day? What time of day do you typically take your OPKs?

lol...i meant reading the opks is confusing...NOT reading the directions. Sorry if I wasn't clear

many woman on here test more than once a day. I've just started opking so I've been reading up on them.... some of the girls say they never get a complete positive on the opk's. and I think when you get your positive or almost positive that means in 12-48 hours you should ovulate, so if you did get a positive or almost, you probably haven't missed it, but should try to BD right away... not sure if I am right on any of this, but I didn't want to read and run.... GOOD LUCK!!

I test once a day at 11am from CD 7 (my cycles are about 25 days long) until they start to get darker. At that time I switch to testing two to three times a day (11am, 4pm, 8pm) until I get another negative to make sure I catch the whole LH surge. I surge very quickly normally so my cycle typically looks like this:

CD7 - negative
CD 8 - negative
CD 9 - negative
CD 10 - negative
CD 11 - negative
CD 12 - negative but getting darker
CD 12 - same as above
CD 12 - same
CD 13 - a little darker but still negative
CD 13 - darker
CD 13 - probably positive
CD 14 - maybe positive
CD 14 - negative

Then according to BBT I ovulated on CD 14, 12-24 hours after the positive OPK. I use a dozen or so tests every month this way - cheapies work perfectly for me.

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->