New to TTC forum :)

CourtneyLynne

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I work in the medical field, but not in a field that would benefit me in this particular mission unfortunately ;) We have been TTC, and currently doing the TWW of month 5. We're feeling those biological clocks ticking, as I am now 30 and he is 34. He has a daughter from a previous marriage that is 12 so we'd like to keep the age gap from getting any wider!

I have a variety of health issues including a history of Endometriosis (3 laparoscopies since age 16) as well as a history of Ovarian cysts. I have been on BC since I was 16 because of this. I have been using Nuva Ring up until 5 months ago (loved it, will use again). I had a thyroid mass that was removed along with the left lobe of my thyroid. Gained a ton of weight from it but have lost 90 lbs and am at a normal BMI now. My biggest issue though, is my autoimmune disease - Psoriatic Arthritis for which I took a quadruple dosage of the biologic drug Enbrel. I got off of it completely 6 months before we were TTC because it was listed as a class C drug (not safe for pregnancy). It has VERY RECENTLY been changed to a Class B (Not proven to cause harm, but not proven to be safe. Now my OBGYN has referred me to a high risk doctor to decide if I should go back on it, in an attempt to reduce inflammation and to increase my overall health and therefore chances of conception and healthy pregnancy. I'm VERY concerned about this. I have sincerely suffered since I took myself off of the medicine, but I am not willing to play roulette with the life of my potential child. So anyone with any experience, opinions, etc on this feel free to comment!

I have been charting my BBT since we started and find mine to be very eratic. Is this normal? Could it be that I was on birth control for 14 years and its taking time to regulate? Its making my chart very hard to read and predict with VERY different things happening each month, just when I think I have it figured out.

Excited to chat with you guys and hopefully get to move out of the TTC forum to a pregnancy forum (fingers crossed)!

Courtney

Hi Courtney, welcome :)
Hopefully despite your medical history you will get your BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->