New to TTC, Lots of questions!

alexiskay1120

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new to TTC and have some questions about opks and ovulation.

I got a positive opk on cd 17 (irregular cycles) and a negative the morning before and the morning after. I also had O symptoms cd 17 and a few on cd 18 as well. Egg white cervical mucus (a lot) and mild cramping.

I read that ovulation happens 12-36 hours after a positive opk and that if you don't have sex the day before a positive opk your chances are greatly smaller, I also read a lot of stories of women getting pregnant by only having sex the day (1 day) of positive opk.

I guess to sum it up I'm looking for personal stories. We only had sex cd 13, 17 and 18. If I did in fact ovulate the day of positive opk, cd 17, are my chances high? Did having sex cd 18 increase my chances?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hi love! i'm also really new to this my husband and i have been trying for 3 months. the TWW is the longest wait EVER!! currently waiting for AF in the next few days.
soo i think i'm starting to understand this whole ovulation thing a little more each month.
MY STORY: I have a weird cycle, its early then its late. every month I test my ovulation its usually dead on the 14th day. this month my cycle was extra weird bc i got AF early in Dec. it stopped, started, stopped, and started full blown. naturally i wasn't sure what day to start counting so i knew it would be between the 9th and 14th...my husband and i BD for 5 days thinking we had to hit the nail on the head right...well i woke up on the 14th tested for ovulation and got a positive. but when i got home that night i double checked again and it was negative. i have nooo idea what was going on. i googled how long you ovulate it turns out its very common to ovulate for only 12 hours. so if you BD leading up to ovulation you have a greater chance in conceiving bc sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days. its also said you can have sex the day of and after OV. soo heres to the next few days waiting for the BFP...although i'm pretty sure we have to try in FEB.
not sure if i helped lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->