New, TTC after VR, over 35 - how many boxes can I check! ;-)

ChrissiK

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

after reading around on this board (and the whole internet) since the beginning of the year, i thought I was time to settle at a forum and have somebody to share all this with, the good and the bad.

So here is my intro :

My name is Christiane, I am 38y old, I am German married to an American and we currently live in the North of England. we have two sons (9 and 7).

My husband has a vasectomy when our youngest was a colicky 6 months old and our oldest just got diagnosed with Asperger's (a from of Autism). It was a dark time for us and DH thought he could not bear the stress of more children. I was not happy about his decision, but had other things to worry about.

But I always had the urge to have more children. Cried rivers when everybody especially in the immediate family got pregnant. It took me 6 years, a move across continents and a stable home environment to convince him to try again. So in January he had a vasectomy reversal.

We've been eagerly trying since, but things have certainly slowed down compared to 10 years ago when getting pregnant was not a question of "if", just of "how soon". My arsenal by now includes a Maybe Mom saliva-scope and FertiliTea, but no luck yet.
I have had several month were I thought we'd been successful and experiencing crazy "pregnancy" symptoms (implantation pain, nausea, tingling boobs, varicose vein swelling, excessive thirst... you name it, I had it!)

Finally, I have nobody to share this with other than my husband (who feels a bit pressured by now), because nobody knows we even want another one. They all assume we are done with kids.

I am going crazy on the internet looking up threads (conceive over 35, after VR, improve fertility), either waiting for ovulation or for the chance to test or for AF. Worried I am not ovulating, worried the swimmers aren't up to it -
I am going nuts, so I decided to join.

Thanks for listening and baby dust to all!

Christiane

Hello and welcome :hi:

You will find lots of support on this site and I hope you get your BFP soon :dust:

My husband has a vasectomy when our youngest was a colicky 6 months old and our oldest just got diagnosed with Asperger's (a from of Autism). It was a dark time for us and DH thought he could not bear the stress of more children. I was not happy about his decision, but had other things to worry about.

Colic and an Asperger's diagnosis....at the same time...I think that would lead MANY men down the vasectomy path...It must have been a very stressful time...So glad for you that he is 'back in the saddle' now. :thumbup:

Hi there and welcome. You will find a great deal of support on here and many people with other halfs that have had a VR. You are never alone on here. There is always someone here to cry with, vent at and laugh with.

You should consider using ovulator predictive kits (OPK's) and find out when you are about to Ov each cycle or maybe temping.

Your Gp should also be able to check if you are ovulating with a couple of blood tests during your cycle and prescibe things like clomid to boost it.

Good luck

Wendy
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back